P238.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > P238.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default P238.

I picked up a new Sig P238 as a Christmas present to my wife. She just turned 21 and will be getting a carry permit soon, so she needed a nice, small gun to keep in her bag. She is a big fan of my Glock, and for a while I looked into a model 27. I'd rather her carry something with a safety though, as she would more than likely carry in a "red" status. I had read reviews on the new Tarus PT709, and liked it based on it's "Glock-ness." I took her out and went to just about every shop in the area, but only one had the 709 in stock. It was the silver/black model, of which I'm not a fan(guns should be black, IMO). The gun handled well, and fit her nicely, but the slide was really tight for a 9mm. Tighter than a new Glock .40S&W even. So, we looked at other pistols there. It was the first time I had handled the Sig, and I instantly liked it. It's build quality is miles above most small carry guns like those from Kel-tek; as is it's price. She loved it too, mainly for the ease of cocking, as well as it's sights. We picked it up for $430 plus tax. The only down side to the pistol would have to be ammo. If you can even find .380ACP, it's really high. Even ball is $1 a shot almost. I got 14 practice from my grandfather, as well as some Hornady Critical Defense rounds. We went out and ran the ball through, as well as a few of the Hornadys. It fed really well, and there was hardly any felt recoil. Tricia could fire controled pairs, off hand at 10-15 yards with really good shot placement. Groups print just above the front sight at that distance. I'm really very impressed with the pistol. I may even pick one up for myself as an ankle gun when I get back.

Last edited by afi1; 12-27-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 AM   #2

Liked 1980 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1078

Congrats on the new gun. A great Christmas present. I would love one, but I already have 2 .380s I have trouble feeding.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Ooooh, Oooooh, I've seen those. They look like a micro-mini 1911...I want, I want.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That sounds pretty darn good.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams