P226 vs P89 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > P226 vs P89

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
So far I've bought two P6s. The German guns have worn finishes etc. but mechanically they are very sound. I've probably taken apart/inspected 20 or so of them. All of them in good condition with no excesive wear. If you have a few $$$ laying around you can send it to SIG and for $200 they will make it factory new for you (refinish, new springs, new sights etc). The triggers on them are REALLY heavy but aftermarket springs will take care of that quickly and cheap.

The two I bought I cleaned up and refinished the slides. Both have been great shooters (like al SIGs) and 100% reliable. I resold both to friends that needed good basic SD handguns for what I paid for them and they are in love with them.

Last I checked Brownells was selling new factory grips for them for about $14 a set but that was months ago. They might be out by now.

I like the single stack because they make the SIG a nice compact carry gun. Here is a side by side comparison with one of my Kahrs (K9)

Have you looked at the Police trade ins that J&G Sales has with the SIG P226's. If I remember correctly they are $400-$450 depending on what condition you want. At that price I might have to buy 2 of them. I like the older model SIG's better then the newer one's that are out now. They just seem to be made different.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
I gave up counting how many rounds I have put through my P220 about 5yrs ago. But if after 30k and all I have to do is replace some springs I would were very HAPPY with that. You could not ask for more.
i was being a little tongue in cheek with that sigs are great guns. altho i am replacing my P220 with a CZ97BD tomorrow after a run to the range for a couple hundred rounds of practice. my wife got it for me for Xmas was quite a surprise even tho i had been going on about wanting one for weeks weeks before hand. least i know she DOES listen to me now and then not selling the P220 just retiring it from nightstand duties. its served me well for the last 20 years and i am converting it nearly full time into a .22LR P220

Old 12-31-2009, 06:00 AM   #23

So against you guys' better judgment (the sig), I went for the ruger I received it the other day, and now am waiting for the 10 days "cool down" period. To be honest, she IS blocky, a LOT more than I expected. On top of that, I have small hands ..Needless to say, I was disappointed. But...I made a decision and am standing by it, first thing when I get her home is to strip her down and give her a good clean and lube, then off to the range and put this fatty to the test.

But the Sig's looking sexier than ever...so slim and sleek.......rrggghhh i could never be faithful More to come on the ruger....

Old 01-01-2010, 03:32 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

It is not really up to use what you like or what you want to buy. As long as your happy with what you get. Which Ruger did you end up getting?