P226 Sight Adjustments
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > P226 Sight Adjustments

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default P226 Sight Adjustments

My P226 sights are off. This was my 1st gun 6 months ago and as a beginner, I would be considered a fool trying to blame my sights for my terrible shooting results. Well, 6 months and 6 guns later, I have evidence to blame the sights now. I have 2 other pistols with adjustable rear sights that I group with pretty well. I shot the P226 exact same way and it was going way left and low.

This is how I have to line up my sights to hit my target:

Any Sig owners have a similar experience? Better question; any Sig owners with the same problem fix/adjust their sights? Would really appreciate your advise.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

yip...

one reason I sold my P226.
In my opinion, it`s not the sights, it`s the trigger system.
The trigger breaks very late on the sig`s and not everybody can handle that.
The late trigger break causes the shooter to tend to jerk the trigger and tilt the muzzle down.

So, either do some serious trigger traininig or sell the P226.

Just my opinion.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
yip...

one reason I sold my P226.
In my opinion, it`s not the sights, it`s the trigger system.
The trigger breaks very late on the sig`s and not everybody can handle that.
The late trigger break causes the shooter to tend to jerk the trigger and tilt the muzzle down.

So, either do some serious trigger traininig or sell the P226.

Just my opinion.
Of coarse it's not the gun. I got a very similar advices from some veteran gunners. Thanks for the pointer.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sig sights are set up from the factory to be dead on accurate at 25 yard and the sights on sigs are combat sights so a traditional sight picture will not work or you will shoot low. The correct sig sight picture is below and practice trigger control, grip, and not flinching and you will get excellent groupings

Now after all that if the sights are off then they where never set up at the factory since sig uses a 200 dollar and or so sight pusher to move the sights.
Have and experienced shooter and or sig owner shoot your gun bench rested from about 10 to 15 yards ad see how they do. Modern day firearms are more accurate then humans and more then not it's us that are making the mistakes.

Good luck

Sig 229 owner

image-3206138662.jpg

Last edited by CipsterX; 04-30-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #5

Thanks Cipster. That certainly explains my low shooting. Looks like I'll need to cover the bullseye to be on target nexttime. With all my other guns, I typically lineup the sights at 6 o'clock of the target. Just like with cars, every gun run a little different.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sig's website explains sight picture for their firearms more in detail but this is it for the most part

Take care