P226 Pics

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > P226 Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default P226 Pics

As you can see, there's a ton of holster wear, some dings on the slide where it looks like it was dropped and some small chips out of the grips. It's stamped made in Germany on the slide and I like that idea.

I mostly care about how it shoots and I'll find out at the range next Sunday. If it's a good pistol, I'll probably refinish it.

I also have a question. The checkered grips that are on it feel slippery to me. Will the newer Sig stippled type grips fit? I know I can put Hogues on it, but I think the standard grips have less bulk.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

The one thing Sig does not do well is make grips, the old style were very slick feeling. For all things Sig, I use:

Gun Parts | Accessories and Parts for Firearms | Top Gun Supply

Great folks, good pricing, and reasonable shipping. I also saw on the Sig forum where CCR refinishing out of TN has a new black parkerizing process that looks great and is very affordable. Here's the link from the Sig forum showing the process and the prices...

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/1430018702

Old 05-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Dave. I've bought from Top Gun before and they provide good prices and service.

Coincidentally, I've already been in touch with the folks at CCR about another project. They seem like really great people.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I just cleaned and lubed it. To say it was filthy would be an understatement. It's definitely been shot some, but the rails and the barrel are perfect.

It's got that weird spring set up on the sides of the frame, very weird.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:56 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Yeah, grips and be an issue with Sigs but if that's the worst I have to deal with I say have at it!..lol. I can get grips. I'll bet it eats and eats. I like those 226's. Solid as a rock.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I hope so, at least that's the plan. I may just switch the grips out and leave it all battle scarred. Then again, I like my stuff to look good.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I just ordered a set of Hogue grips for it. Not the finger groove models though, I don't want to make the grip area any larger than it is. I figure the Hogue's will do the job.

If I ever refinish it, I'll put the newer style Sig grips on it. But it will all have to wait for a while. Money's tight and I have another project going on right now.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:08 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Don't be nit-picking. If the thing's a bona-fide shooter, run her ugly. Ernest Borgnine, Phyllis Diller, and Michelle Obama would tell you the same thing.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 05-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Don't be nit-picking. If the thing's a bona-fide shooter, run her ugly. Ernest Borgnine, Phyllis Diller, and Michelle Obama would tell you the same thing.
I think that's how it's gonna' go. But please don't mention Michelle Obama anymore, I just got kind of queasy.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #10

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Now THAT'S good comedy