Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Opinions on the XD 45? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/opinions-xd-45-a-33232/)

Tidalforce79 10-19-2010 03:18 AM

Opinions on the XD 45?

Looking at the Springfield 45, guns looks pretty nice, I love the caliber and the 13 round clip option. Price is pretty reasonable too.......any opinions?

spittinfire 10-19-2010 11:38 AM

My first pistol was an XD45 and I still have it. I personally think the XD is the best polymer platform available right now. They are reliatble as a rock, accurate and easy to shoot. The trigger does need a little work but it is shootable out of the box.
Have you shot one? See if you can find a range that rents one and give it a try. If the gun fits your hand I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

General_lee 10-19-2010 12:30 PM

Great gun.
I'm not the biggest fan of plastic pistols, but I would like to have one.
IMO they blow Glock out of the water with their extra safety features like the grip safety, and optional thumb safety.
They also seem to have a better way of holding the slide to the frame. There are two milled steel blocks with rails machined in them that the slide rides on.
As opposed to the four small stamped sheet metal frame rails that are used on Glocks, S&W Sigmas and a few others.

FreedomFighter69 10-19-2010 03:22 PM

I like the XD better than the Glock. If you want a "real" 45 ACP though, go with a Springfield, Sig, Para-Ordanace, or Colt 1911. The Springfield and Sig will be you best quality of that bunch. They can be had with 5 inch, 4.25, 3.50 inch barrels, from 7 to 9 shots + 1 in the chamber, are sturdy, reliable, and the quickest draw, fire, and shoot of any gun ! Me personally, I like the Commander sizeed ones 4.25 barrel, although I do have an affinity for the Goverment model size as well. There are even some "Long Ballers" 45's with 7.5 inch barrels too that are used for target. This is just my personal preference as I prefer metal over polymer.

General_lee 10-19-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 (Post 370707)
I like the XD better than the Glock. If you want a "real" 45 ACP though, go with a Springfield, Sig, Para-Ordanace, or Colt 1911. The Springfield and Sig will be you best quality of that bunch. They can be had with 5 inch, 4.25, 3.50 inch barrels, from 7 to 9 shots + 1 in the chamber, are sturdy, reliable, and the quickest draw, fire, and shoot of any gun ! Me personally, I like the Commander sizeed ones 4.25 barrel, although I do have an affinity for the Goverment model size as well. There are even some "Long Ballers" 45's with 7.5 inch barrels too that are used for target. This is just my personal preference as I prefer metal over polymer.

I'll have to second that.
I own 2 Springfield 1911s, they are fine guns.
I do prefer metal over polymer/plastic/tupperware, but i do want an XD.... I guess i'm a Springer fanboy:p

Benning Boy 10-19-2010 04:29 PM

My HIV had progressed into full blown AIDS. I bought an XD, and I'm cured.

You won't be sorry.

BTW, I contracted the HIV from a Glock.:eek:

spittinfire 10-19-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 370782)
My HIV had progressed into full blown AIDS. I bought an XD, and I'm cured.

You won't be sorry.

BTW, I contracted the HIV from a Glock.:eek:

Isn't that when you got your man card back?

suprdave 10-19-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 370788)
Isn't that when you got your man card back?

He still has to cut those nails to get his card back!

spittinfire 10-19-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprdave (Post 370791)
He still has to cut those nails to get his card back!

and get that glock tat taken off his arse. Has he told you what he used for the O??:eek::eek::eek:

Benning Boy 10-19-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 370795)
and get that glock tat taken off his arse. Has he told you what he used for the O??:eek::eek::eek:

I almost crapped on that one. Then my Glock would have exploded....:eek: