Opinions on 1911 vs. CZ 75 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Opinions on 1911 vs. CZ 75

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Between the 2 choices listed, the 1911 wins unquestionably for competition. That's MY opinion.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #42

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

For .45 ACP, it's the 1911 pistol.

For 9mm, it's the CZ pistol. I just love the CZ75 SP-01 Tactical. Get the +1 base plate and you've got 20 rounds per mag of 9mm rounds. Not bad.

My primary sidearm of choice will always be the 1911 for zombies and such.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #43

CARNUT1100, where abouts in Tassie are you? I live about 15 minutes outta Hobart.

My older bro got a Norinco 1911, he loves it, I wouldn't piss on it. The low tolerances in the fitting of the pistol annoys me, as well as the poor finishing. What can you expect from a $550 handgun brand new though? I think the main thing is that I see it as an insult to such a great pistol. An the original .45 Milspec one I would pay a nut for.

I am currently saving away my pennies for a CZ Phantom. I'd look into a genuine CZ, or pick up a used glock 17 or 17A for $700.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistosMinion View Post
CARNUT1100, where abouts in Tassie are you? I live about 15 minutes outta Hobart.

My older bro got a Norinco 1911, he loves it, I wouldn't piss on it. The low tolerances in the fitting of the pistol annoys me, as well as the poor finishing. What can you expect from a $550 handgun brand new though? I think the main thing is that I see it as an insult to such a great pistol. An the original .45 Milspec one I would pay a nut for.

I am currently saving away my pennies for a CZ Phantom. I'd look into a genuine CZ, or pick up a used glock 17 or 17A for $700.
I paid $700 for my Kimber. I just sold it for $500 with 500 rds. of ammo. Everything was dead-nuts tight, even after 10k-12k rds.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #45

matt, the prices here are much higher, as firearms (especially handguns) are not all that commonplace, and are getting fewer. A HK USP in 9mm new will run you $1700, a CZ75B $1050, whereas in the US you can get them much cheaper, even after currency conversion. So a $500 brand new pistol here is cheap as chips, and hence not the greatest quality.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #46

I have both and prefer the 1911 only because I like the classic feel. The CZ is probably the most accurate semi-auto handgun I own, but the rather fat grip keeps me from wanting to shoot it more than my SA 1911. Both guns cost about the same with the CZ being slightly more expensive. Also, the .40 S&W seems to recoil harder than my SA 1911. I love both guns, but with different sights on the gun, I would compete with my1911 as opposed to the CZ.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #47
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I perfer the CZ75B with Hogue Grips. My 40 cal does recoil a bit, but double tapping isn't a problem. It has incredable accuracy. I use a 12 round magazine plus one in the pipe, as my car carry. My .45 stays next to the couch.

badboycz.jpg  

Old 04-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistosMinion View Post

Way cool!
Another Tasmaniac!

I'm about half an hour out of Hobart, Derwent Valley.
I generally shoot at Blue Hills though. Have't lived here long and don't really know the local clubs around here, except for TPRC which is blody expensive ( even if the range is excellent...) and Tas Deerstalkers which I don't go to as there are certain personal differences between myself and some of the committee and executive.

Which direction are you in?

Well I have picked up my pistol, but haven't had a chance to fire it yet as I have not been able to get down to the club when a shoot day has been on ( typical they have the working bee on the weekend after I get the gun...) but I can't wait to get down there and try it out.
WIll have to get a photo of it up on here...

Keep up the fight, or give up the right!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #49
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARNUT1100 View Post
Way cool!
Another Tasmaniac!

I'm about half an hour out of Hobart, Derwent Valley.
I generally shoot at Blue Hills though. Have't lived here long and don't really know the local clubs around here, except for TPRC which is blody expensive ( even if the range is excellent...) and Tas Deerstalkers which I don't go to as there are certain personal differences between myself and some of the committee and executive.

Which direction are you in?

Well I have picked up my pistol, but haven't had a chance to fire it yet as I have not been able to get down to the club when a shoot day has been on ( typical they have the working bee on the weekend after I get the gun...) but I can't wait to get down there and try it out.
WIll have to get a photo of it up on here...
Well, get those photos posted!