Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Opinion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/opinion-98113/)

johnbrowning 10-03-2013 09:48 PM

Opinion

Baby Eagle purchased through Davidsons Gun Genie, extractor broke. My dealer asked me to come by and pick up new pistol. I like the way my BE is broken in. What would you do: New Baby Eagle or New Extractor. Gun was purchased Feb '12

MisterMcCool 10-03-2013 10:21 PM

If you are happy with everything except the extractor, replace the extractor.

danf_fl 10-04-2013 09:38 AM

And there is less paperwork to repair than there is to a swap.

mountainman13 10-04-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1392214)
And there is less paperwork to repair than there is to a swap.

Assuming they have the extractor on site and get the job done that day.

johnbrowning 10-05-2013 12:29 AM

Went today to my FA dealer and dry fired the new and compared it to the original.
No diff. so I came home with the new and a HI Standard I had delivered to his FFL

Mercator 10-05-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbrowning (Post 1392789)
Went today to my FA dealer and dry fired the new and compared it to the original.
No diff. so I came home with the new and a HI Standard I had delivered to his FFL

I think you did good. That's what dAVIDSON'S warranty is for. Did you shoot a lot of steel cased ammo?

CrazedJava 10-05-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1392991)
I think you did good. That's what dAVIDSON'S warranty is for. Did you shoot a lot of steel cased ammo?

Should not have mattered. I shoot plenty of steel cased ammo through mine (.45 ACP) and the gun has been nothing but rock solid.

Sounds like the extractor was just not good, especially if the gun was just purchased last year. Replace the extractor and I'm sure it will be fine.

johnbrowning 10-06-2013 02:16 PM

No steel Ammo

I really like my Kahr, Magnum Research, IWI BE. when I purchased it I went through a lot of rentals beforehand such as CZ, Sig, 92fs and so on, as you can tell I wanted a hammer.. I bought it sight unseen from the reviews and have been very happy since. I wish of course they made a better extractor, but the Israelis did every thing else right. 9mm are fun, but my carry is an XDs
.45, wish SA would hurry up and send it back.

Mercator 10-06-2013 02:35 PM

Was just curious. If it happens, it happens, you seldom know why. Good feedback on Davidson's guarantee, I've been skeptical about it.

Sniper03 10-06-2013 02:58 PM

John,

That says great things about Davidson's! Others could take a good lesson from that kind of great customer service. There might have been a reason for them also replacing the pistol. As you mentioned, I am also still waiting on my SA 45 XDs return. I did get an E-mail this past week advising and apologizing for the delay. But it did not refer to the period of the delay. From what I was advised several weeks ago by a friend at SA the company is certainly not in the habit of having any recalls of their product. That is a good thing and she advised they were working as fast as possible on the hundreds of guns involved. So I will patiently wait knowing that there is not a whole lot I can do to expedite the return. Things of this nature can happen to the best of companies from experience. I know of a well known and quality AR manufacturer that broke a broach one time. Little did the realize a slight dimensional difference in the new broach. Their guns were shipped with 30 round magazines most always. But to find out later due to the difference in the new broach 20 round magazines would not work correctly! So compliments to Davidson's and others who at least make things right to their customers when a problem occurs!:D