Only one 9mm - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Only one 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Now that wasn't the question was it?

And I still say strapping on a 1911 and traveling outside the borders, especially to the third, is advertising you are 1) An American and 2) A target of opportunity and 3) Are more than ready to take on anyone who feels that they can exploit these facts.

Inside the borders - a 9mm 1911 is the choice all day long.

Outside the borders - you need to re-examine your applications...

JD
Fixed you omission there JD.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #112

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Fixed you omission there JD.
That isn't even CLOSE to what I wrote - and having been to Central America for a short, but OH SO EXCITING stay - I stand by my personal statements.

A .45 in the third world is a great looking club after you run out of bullets and can't find anymore.

9mm, however, is available the WORLD OVER....

Believe what you want -

JD

Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #113

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That may very well be true, but the ONLY time I'm ever going to be out of the US of A is when going to Canada hunting where I can't take a handgun anyway.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:12 AM   #114

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default XD9(m)

To me, the XD9(m) it's the one.... I don't know if the 1911 have 200 years in use or the HP35 have 100 years or any CZ75 have 5.000.000 rounds and going... there's no correct answer for this question, because all we think diferent... it's a PREFER thing... the correct answer is: pick the gun that you feel most comfortable to shoot. Period.
Because you can choose black pants, blue pants, grey pants, flat front, relaxed fit, boot leg, elastic waistband, drill, woven, denim, 5 pockets, cargo... and exist so many sizes in waist and leg, you could go to Armani Exchange store and buy a $100 jean and it's fine, as you could go to a Walmart and buy a $10 Rustler Jean and it's fine too... (still if I win the lottery, I won't pay $100 for a jean, as won't pay $3000 for a handgun neither), the best pant that you could buy it's the best that fit your comfort and budget. Same as your choice of 9mm.
The question was: Only one 9mm, my answer is XD9(m)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 01-21-2009, 04:29 AM   #115

yeah... i can see what some of you are saying about sticking to your guns (no pun intended... well actually it is ) but this is a hypothetical type situation.

-the question of if you could only have ONE 9mm EVER... just one. not another caliber, or anything like that... just a hypothetical conversation. if it were an open ended question like "if you could only have one pistol ever, regardless of options..." mine and most of the participants on this thread would have SLIGHTLY different answers... the words "chain-fed commander style 1911 with a backpack full of federal HST 230 grain rounds" come to mind...

Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #116

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This thread is how a thread is meant to be when one considers that the original question was which one 9mm would one want. I love wandering threads.

The other true joy to arise from this thread was the inevitable 1911 vs. 9mm debate with the obvious answer: Why not have both? I know I do (plus a .357 just to make life better).

Way back in the thread, the 1911 was called the Father and the Browning HP the Mother of all handguns. I like the imagery so long as we can agree that the Browning Hi Power is a really tough, butch mother who has seen and done it all and who is also hot.

My personal, with due deference to all other opinions and my enjoyment of many, many handguns, answer to trustkill's more open ended question remains the same as my original answer. If I could have only ONE pistol ever, regardless of options, I would still pick the Browning Hi Power.

Damn fun that I'm not limited to just the one.

Last edited by 741512th; 01-23-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spelling; and I probably didn't catch all of the mistakes

Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #117

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
A .45 in the third world is a great looking club after you run out of bullets and can't find anymore.
Well, it really depends on which corner of the Third World you happen to be in. The 1911 platform is quite widespread in some places. Take my country for example, 1911s are very popular here and were issued to police and army units, we even had local versions made (some under license from Colt, some locally modified designs).

Old 01-24-2009, 02:37 AM   #118

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Well, it really depends on which corner of the Third World you happen to be in. The 1911 platform is quite widespread in some places. Take my country for example, 1911s are very popular here and were issued to police and army units, we even had local versions made (some under license from Colt, some locally modified designs).
Interesting. If you wouldn't mind, can you tell me if I can go to a sporting goods store and buy .45 caliber bullets?

That might go a long ways towards changing my mind about what I carry should I leave this country again.

Thanks,

JD

Old 01-24-2009, 02:51 AM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I know I'm going to hell for this, but if I absolutely couldn't have a 1911, even one chambered in 9x19, I'd have to take a P226 Tactical with can.

There guys, I said it. Now I'll pay the price.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #120

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

ZOMG! You're such a freakin dork!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a silenced SIG, Matt.

I'm actually mad I didn't think of it first. Those pistols are very nice (SEALs / Special Agents / US Marshals / etc..... like them for a reason).