Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   One of those WEAK MOMENTS... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/one-those-weak-moments-7432/)

Mark F 10-07-2008 12:22 PM

One of those WEAK MOMENTS...

1 Attachment(s)
I had one of those weak moments at my favorite gunshops yesterday...

There it was, a Ruger P345 calling my name. This is the "only" caliber I didn't have in my collection! (45ACP). I really got one hell of a deal on this 45, a brand new P345 for $339.00! I must be living right or something...

I plan on making this my CONCEALED CARRY and passing my Kel Tec on to a needy friend.

BigO01 10-07-2008 12:39 PM

Rugers guns are known for their durability it should serve you well .

Never fired that model but I have a couple of the 9mm's of the same basic design couldn't get use to the trigger pull to shoot very accurately or the slide mounted safety myself , flipping a safety up for off was just too unnatural for me .

Mark F 10-07-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigO01 (Post 43933)
Rugers guns are known for their durability it should serve you well .

Never fired that model but I have a couple of the 9mm's of the same basic design couldn't get use to the trigger pull to shoot very accurately or the slide mounted safety myself , flipping a safety up for off was just too unnatural for me .

It is a little different but I doubt it'll be a problem. The trigger pull is very light on this one, for some reason. It "feels" like 3 LBS on SA and about 6/7 pounds on DA.

The ONLY thing I don't like is the Mag safety! I like my guns to fire even if the mag is out, if there's one in the pipe. This 45 will certainly make a better carry than my Kel Tec P3AT.

RVG40 10-07-2008 01:09 PM

First pistol I ever owned was a Ruger P-95 9mm. Loved that gun. Shot great. Wish I still had it.

hillbilly68 10-07-2008 01:41 PM

Awesome! Good for you, congrats on the new arrival. Great price too.
Agree with you, I have never owned a gun with a mag safety on it. I prefer to be the one that chooses whether it fires, not a mechanical cutoff.
Gotta love the Rugers, bet you cant wait to run a few boxes through her. Enjoy

robocop10mm 10-07-2008 01:44 PM

Not a huge fan of Ruger centerfire pistols but to each his own. I would certainly feel much better armed with this gun than a small bore pocket pistol like a Kel-tec.

Mag safety is a much maligned feature. I have two S&W's w/mag safeties. There are some training issues that should be addressed for such guns. No tactical reloads w/o cover. Always firmly seat a magazine (as you should with any auto loader). If a bad situation gets worse and someone is trying to disarm you (to use your gun against you), pop the mag out and fight with both hands. Weapon retention normally requires one hand retaining the weapon and one to fight with. That leaves you at 50% against a bad guy fighting at 100%.

Tailor your training to the weapon system you are carrying.

ScottG 10-07-2008 06:41 PM

Does it come without the two tone scheme? $339 for a .45 isn't too bad....

glockfire 10-07-2008 11:02 PM

quite the step up in power! Very nice and good for you!

Mark F 10-08-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 43975)
Does it come without the two tone scheme? $339 for a .45 isn't too bad....

Yes they are available in one color.

SGT-MILLER 10-09-2008 03:47 AM

Congrats on the purchase. Ruger makes a fine firearm.