which one
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > which one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default which one

ok i know im going to start a big argument here because it is is a lot of touchy subjects all in one. anyway sig sp 2022 (9mm) or glock 22 (40.). if it helps im 14 and my parents say if i raise the money they will buy it put it up and it would be for protection while my dad is at work. my mom stays home. and im home schooled. i have relativity large hands and im 150 pounds at 5'9. and have a lot of experience with rifles and shotguns i own 7 rifles and 2 shotguns and 2 bows and a lot of knives. and in most everyone's eyes i am very responsible.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Personally I don't like the Glock I have a tendency of pushing it but it's a reliable weapon. You can't go wrong with a Sig, well unless it's the P250 according to some. Personally I would go with the Sig.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

well i was leaning to the sig but i hear great things about glocks to though i just thought i would ask. get peoples opinions. and since i just joined today get to know the site a little bit

Old 03-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunguy1997
well i was leaning to the sig but i hear great things about glocks to though i just thought i would ask. get peoples opinions. and since i just joined today get to know the site a little bit
I have owned both, glocks and sigs. Right now I own the sig p250, and a glock 17, and 26. I have never had a big issue with either, and I use the 17 on a daily basis while on duty.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

thanks im leaning more twords sig though just because of status and around here they are easier to find because glocks are very popular round here.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #6

I have no experience with Sigs despite their very good reputation. I own a Glock 22 (.40) and love it. Easy to maintain and extremely reliable.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

Old 03-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

i dont know it will be 6 months or so before i can even go to work to start raising money. but when i do i will let you guys know what i went with and how it works

Old 03-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #8

You can't go wrong with either one as far as reliability, accuracy, etc. If it's going to be a HD gun and mom is going to be around, she may want to test out each one and see which one fits her hand.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

yea she shoots a 12 gauge i want something a little more subtle lol and the main thing is HD and maybe on like payday my dad would use it for a ccw but other than that its a range gun HD and i hunt and theres a bear that stands like waist high to me on all 4's so maybe when were hunting we will bring it .

Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunguy1997 View Post
yea she shoots a 12 gauge i want something a little more subtle lol and the main thing is HD and maybe on like payday my dad would use it for a ccw but other than that its a range gun HD and i hunt and theres a bear that stands like waist high to me on all 4's so maybe when were hunting we will bring it .
Well if there is a bear around you may want to forget both of them and pick up a S&W 500!

Member: