Not sure what to go with - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Not sure what to go with

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Haha I absolutely understand that!

I am sure if I get a glock I will probably get the low profile laser for it, and some Houge grips. My S&W M&P15 22 Ive already changed the front sight, added a sling mount, and added a carry handle mounted scope.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I got two letters and two numbers for you: M9A1.

Done sir done.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #13

no complaints here, cept finding them at a reasonable price

Old 10-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If you shot the Beretta 92 well, I'd go with that. They can be had with a pretty wide variety of setups, finishes, and accessories.

If cost is an issue, Taurus makes one that's significantly less expensive, and I've never had any issues with them. I had a Taurus 92C back when they still made the compact version, and my roomate said he liked it better than his full size Beretta 92 when we shot at the range all the time.

Honestly, you could probably get a brand new Taurus with a lifetime warranty around the same price as the used Beretta, and you wouldn't have to wonder what the previous owner of the Beretta put the gun through.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #15

Yeah, That is one thing that I have had in mind. I really like the slide safety and alot of other factors on the 92. Im not really looking for a CC at the moment either. When I went to the range I shot the Taurus 92, and it was great for me.

I do love the lifetime warranty too. They are certainly still on the table of consideration. Right now its still a fight between glock and 92

Old 10-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #16

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

The only thing I don't like about the 92 is that the grip is just to bulky for me. That and my holster kept disengaging the safety, as the holster was new, not broke in at all, and had a thumb strap the wrapped around the back of the slide, over the hammer and safety; it would pinch the gun and drive the safety lever up.

As a bedside or truck gun, nothing wrong with it at all as long as your comfortable with it.

Many people have talked a lot of smack about it, but the one I was issued never gave me a malfunction of any type, I only knew 2 people who did have a problem, and one of those turned out to be operator error.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Yeah, That is one thing that I have had in mind. I really like the slide safety and alot of other factors on the 92. Im not really looking for a CC at the moment either. When I went to the range I shot the Taurus 92, and it was great for me.

I do love the lifetime warranty too. They are certainly still on the table of consideration. Right now its still a fight between glock and 92
Both pretty good choices, but I definitely have an aversion to striker-fired pistols, so I don't care for Glocks at all. Too many accidents with the striker-fired pistols, even by professionals.

Personally, recoil is rarely an issue for me, and I love some kick in a gun; but if you're sensitive to it, as you stated in your original post, you're going to appreciate a steel gun over a polymer one in the same caliber. I've shot the Glock and 92 back-to-back, and the difference in recoil, even in 9mm, is noticeable.

As you'll realize the more you shoot and shop, personal preference plays a big part in what you buy. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes, as well as their own hand dimensions and sensitivities. It's good that you've tried out a few to give you a better idea of what suits you.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #18

Yeah. Im not really afraid of recoil, Im just not used to it. When I rented the MP9c I was handling it fine, and a buddy came along. He brought his TT33 tokerev in 7.62x25. WOOO! That was exciting. Surprised the heck out of me.

I went and looked again today, and against all my better judgement, I am still falling in love with the PPK and similar. The store had a Bersa Firestorm that seems to be a clone of the PPK, for half the price. They had a used Interarms PPK/s for 330 before tax, and the Bersa they told me would be 300 out the door new. I also asked about the ammo cost, and they said they stocked .380 for about 16 a box compared to 14.50 for 9, So its not that bad. Im probably going to rent one and test it out.

Another that I am really liking is the Sig P250. That is the best DAO trigger I have ever felt. Long reset is the only thing I dislike about it. And New with two mags for 331 out the door is snazzy too.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

cypher, check out the Springfield Armory XDm models. when i was looking at replacing my Walther P99QA in 40 i had traded a couple of years ago, i thought about the Glock 22 or 23. the gun store had just taken a SA XDM40 in trade, and he showed it to me. well i have shot a few glocks in the past, and liked them. but after shooting the XDm40, it is one of the best shooting pistols i have ever owned. try one out and see if it something you might be interested in. if i run across a good deal on a glock, yes i will buy it, just because they are good pistols and have an excellent reputation. good luck in your selection.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

cypher, on a side note, i bought the Bersa Thunder 380 for my wife a couple of months ago, nice little 380 pistol. recoil spring is a little strong, but shoots decent enough for a 380. i gave $270+ tax for hers. (NIB)