No Sigs? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > No Sigs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 02:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

WTF? what a ****ing homo! why would a gunshop not carry a gock or sig is beyond me, never seen or heard of it. Any make 1911, glock or sig sauer are the best firearms in the use today by military, lawenforcement and security. Why a shop owner wouldnt want to sell one of the best brands of firearms in the world just blows my ****ing mind

Old 11-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Perhaps he doesn't carry Sig Sauer because...

1. He isn't eligible to be an authorized dealer for whatever reason.

2. Maybe too many of his competitors sell Sig Sauer and he can't compete.

3. Maybe he has historically had problems turning them over. Example: gun dealers probably sell way more Glocks than Sig Sauers. I noticed that myself where my local gun store has the same Sig Sauers sit there while Glocks, CZ's, and Berettas move out the door quicker.

4. He has issues with Sig Sauers.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

If it was me, the next time he saw me would be the last. Go down the road and get an H&K.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 11-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #14

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.
That dude has some sigs. I haven't bought from there, but i have heard a few people say it was a good seller. At lest you can look at the pictures.
His Sigs are CHEAP!

P238 for $405

Allegedly SIG sent him a nasty-gram because of his prices and he cannot list them on this site anymore.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Ya know,after Sig gets paid,there out of the loop. Shouldn't matter to them, if I took my whole order out to the parking lot and set fire to it. To hell with Sig trying to set a dealers prices.

"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".

Old 11-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
Ya know,after Sig gets paid,there out of the loop. Shouldn't matter to them, if I took my whole order out to the parking lot and set fire to it. To hell with Sig trying to set a dealers prices.
They don't set the price, they set the minimum price that can be advertised. Browning does not allow price posting at all. Others do the same.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-16-2010, 01:35 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
They don't set the price, they set the minimum price that can be advertised. Browning does not allow price posting at all. Others do the same.
Would that be so all dealers in an area get a fair slice of the pie?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Would that be so all dealers in an area get a fair slice of the pie?
Sort of.

Many manufacturers set limits on advertising of prices to help protect the little guy.

There is usually a tiered pricing on items based upon the volume bought (to sell).

Typically it is:

Retail Price
MAP (Minimum Allowed Pricing)
Wholesale
Distributor

The local mom n pop stores pay more for products than a Cabelas or Gander Mountain sized store. So if they sell them for the same price, mom n pop make less profit but still get to make a sale.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I see. Reminds me of something I read in a Shooters Bible years ago. Q: How do you run a small gun shop? A: Open a large one and wait. Mom and pop need all the bus.we can give 'em.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:41 AM   #20

Quote:
I see. Reminds me of something I read in a Shooters Bible years ago. Q: How do you run a small gun shop? A: Open a large one and wait. Mom and pop need all the bus.we can give 'em.
I agree, and will gladly pay more at a small store with good service. Plus, I get calls from the small shops when they get in something cool they know I will like.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI