No Sigs?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > No Sigs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default No Sigs?

I went to a local gun store yesterday, to have the smith look at my DE. I have a colt on lay away, and I am looking into fixing the DE. Well, suffice to say, the colt is a classic gun and I don't plan on firing it every Saturday. The Desert Eagle is cool, but expensive to shoot, and, from what I'm now learning, picky as hell. So, to make a long rant short, I'm looking to get another gun. So, I had the store keeper show me a few models I was interested in(a Springfield XD45, A Rock Island GI, and a few Kimbers). I wanted to take a look at a Sig, cause I've heard a lot of good about them. However, the shop keeper said they refuse to carry them. Is this common(and I mean for any brand)?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I think you need to find a new shop. I've seen stores that wouldn't carry the really cheap stuff as well as one place that quit carrying Taurus (to many warranty issues). To not carry Sig is just silly in my book. I own 6 of them and they are great guns. This P229 with a .357 Sig barrel is currently on duty as my computer desk gun...

Last edited by NGIB; 10-28-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Find another store. Sigs are great guns.
The only reason I can think of that they might not carry them is because they're expensive and at least around here, expensive guns sit on the shelf a LONG time before they get sold.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
The only reason I can think of that they might not carry them is because they're expensive and at least around here, expensive guns sit on the shelf a LONG time before they get sold.
This is the most likely reason they are not in stock. Often, a store may only make around $50 on a gun, so selling more units of a cheaper model makes good financial sense. The store probably focuses on stocking the items they most commonly sell. Would the store owner order a Sig for you if you wanted one?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.
That dude has some sigs. I haven't bought from there, but i have heard a few people say it was a good seller. At lest you can look at the pictures.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
This is the most likely reason they are not in stock. Often, a store may only make around $50 on a gun, so selling more units of a cheaper model makes good financial sense. The store probably focuses on stocking the items they most commonly sell. Would the store owner order a Sig for you if you wanted one?
Yeah, they would very likely order one, the shop guy seemed very helpful actually

Old 10-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79 View Post
the shop keeper said they refuse to carry them. Is this common(and I mean for any brand)?
usually a store will not carry or carry certain items based on required stocking levels. some companies require a minimum amount of their brand to be carried on the shelf. not sure if that is the case with sigs.

as for their quality, its pretty decent better than glock and berreta by a long shot.

price per unit is usually why you dont see them in smaller shops. they are not cheap.

what is wierd is the store saying they refuse to stock. a decent store will order whatever you want if they dont carry it.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:41 AM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79 View Post
Yeah, they would very likely order one, the shop guy seemed very helpful actually
If it's a "Mom and Pop" store, the overhead to keep slow selling guns in stock is a killer. If he will order one, you should be OK.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #9

Next time you go in there ask a lot of questions about the brands they don't carry and why. That can reveal a lot about a company, if they bad mouth a brand do they have a legitimate reason.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

That is weird, did he ever give a reason on why he did not carry Sig Pistols? I have carried one for 21yrs and can not find a better carry pistol. I use a Sig P229 or 239 in 9mm depending on what I am doing and where I am going. About 3yrs ago I started carrying a Springfield XD45 then purchased a XD45C. Yet I find myself going back to my Sig.

Here is a picture of a couple of my Sigs