Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   Nighthawk... Is it worth it? (

rugerjazzkohai 02-20-2012 12:44 AM

Nighthawk... Is it worth it?
I'm in the research phase now, but love 1911s. I own a RIA 1911a2 and a Kimber Raptor Pro II. The rock is a tack driver and in the 2 years I had it it fired over 3000 rounds, no issues. I had the Kimber for 3 months and although it's more of a maintenance complaint, I'm not a fan of changing the recoil spring in the short amount of time I had it. As my friend pointed out, I shot 1200 rounds in 3 months which is more than the average person shoots in a year, but stll, my $500 RIA hasn't needed a spring change yet. The nighthawk t3 caught my attention but I fear that most complaints on smaller 1911s is the same my Kimber faces. Another is the GRP Recon. Anyone have any of these? What do u think of it, the company as a whole and is it worth the money? Thought that of Kimber but I don't think I'll buy another one. sig and Springfield I like too, but wanted to see what people think of high end customs.

lonyaeger 02-20-2012 12:51 AM

I have a Nighthawk T3 and recently traded off a Predator III, and I think Nighthawk is the best of the high-end custom 1911s. And I've pretty much had them all.

rugerjazzkohai 02-20-2012 01:05 AM

On the t3, after 800 rounds does the recoil spring become finicky?

Spad2137 02-20-2012 02:50 AM

If your wondering if nighthawk is worth it, read some reviews and try to find a bad one... they are made extremely well and the tolerances are tight

lonyaeger 02-20-2012 02:53 AM

I haven't noticed any problem yet.

Tidalforce79 11-07-2012 11:43 PM

The question would be........"is it worth it to you"? Some people have more money then myself and can sample all the High-End 1911s at will. For me, it took me a few years to get a hold of a Wilson and a Nighthawk. Both are great guns(Wilson has the edge). You will most certainly feel the difference between a Nighthawk and say a Colt, but when I pick up a Colt and fire it, I have no complaints. I simply wanted a Wilson and a Nighthawk(and worked hard and saved to get them). I will say this, their price has gotten out of hand, and, despite the fact they are both fantastic guns, I won't be a repeat customer because of the HUGE price tag.

tacticalfun 11-08-2012 12:38 AM

I have three nhc's a heinie 10mm. A grp. And a .22. Are they worth it? Yes...yes they are.