Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New Walther PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New Walther PPS

Today, after practicing at the range with my Sig Sauer P226 (.40 S&W cal), I went to the American Shooters store to pick up some more B27 targets. While there, I wandered around the store (big mistake ) and was eyeing the new toys on the racks. I'm getting ready to take the class for my CCW and wanted something other than my old Sterling Mark II .380 cal that I can no longer find magazines for (only have one). My eyes happened across the Walther section and fell on the PPS .40 S&W cal. Like a crazy man, I asked the salesman if I could take a look at it. After handling it, it was sold.

Top weapon in both photos is my Sig Sauer P226 and bottom is the Walther PPS:

Last edited by AcidFlashGordon; 08-02-2009 at 12:42 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #2

Hey that's a nice pistol!

How is it in terms of concealment with casual clothing?

You'll have to let us know how it shoots ASAP!

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 08-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

As a gun store salesman, I can say the PPS is a nice gun, but the price of extra magazines is ridiculous

Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #4

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

The PPS is a great carry gun. I have one and have been happy with it although it is quite snappy for my old hands and wrists. Before you shoot it strip it and clean it and rack the slide about 200 times. This based on what I learned on the ppstalk.com forum. Good luck and enjoy.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 08-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #5

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
As a gun store salesman, I can say the PPS is a nice gun, but the price of extra magazines is ridiculous
Quite a few handguns have ridiculous prices on mags. I paid a pretty penny for the extra mags for my Sig. But, I don't quibble about the price. I'm lucky enough to have a very well-paying job so I can afford to splurge when the mood hits me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollander View Post
The PPS is a great carry gun. I have one and have been happy with it although it is quite snappy for my old hands and wrists. Before you shoot it strip it and clean it and rack the slide about 200 times. This based on what I learned on the ppstalk.com forum. Good luck and enjoy.
I'll keep the "maintenance" suggestion in mind. I don't mind a snappy weapon and with the much lighter weight of the PPS versus the Sig, I think it might have a positive bearing on my target accuracy. I'll find out for sure when I get a chance to trundle off to the range to run the PPS through its paces. As for carry, the holster I bought fits very close to my hip unlike the Sig which sort of "sticks out" a ways.