New Trijicons For The Cougar
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New Trijicons For The Cougar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default New Trijicons For The Cougar

The Beretta Cougar 8045 that I reported on recently was an agency trade in. It has Trijicon night sights and the lamps are quite dead. The all green sights are only good for up to twelve years maximum.

I checked out the Trijicon website and found replacement sights for about $85. plus installation. However, upon further perusal, I found that they will replace just the lamps for $54. including shipping. I just had to send them the slide. That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

I shipped it off last Monday. I'll let you know the turn around time and how they came out when I get it back.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The slide was just returned from Trijicon. I'll see how they work tonight.

I'm very impressed with the cost and quick turnaround.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Great find...and that is quick, makes me think Trijicon when I start looking for sights for my 1911.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've only ever had Trijicons, so I don't know how they compare to other brands. The ones on my Dan Wesson CBOB were excellent.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #5
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a lot of faith in Trijicons sights. I have A P93 that is 10+ years with these sights and are bright as the day I got them, I have them on several other pistols and truly trust the glow. First I've heard of them dimming out. Good info

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I guess the gas somehow goes dead or inert or something. I noticed on the website that the orange colored lamps are only good for six years. IIRC

They're nice and bright in the dark. I'll see if they're still lined up at the range tomorrow.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I took the Cougar to the range today. It's a good shooter. I had one FTE, and that may have been me, I dunno'.

It handles 230gr. FMJ's really well and I put a box of twenty Hornady 230gr. FMJ Truncated cone ammo through it without a glitch.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I guess the gas somehow goes dead or inert or something. I noticed on the website that the orange colored lamps are only good for six years. IIRC

They're nice and bright in the dark. I'll see if they're still lined up at the range tomorrow.
All of mine are green, didn't know that offered orange.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yup, check out their website.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Yup, check out their website.
Learn something new, wonder why the orange is only good for 5 years and the green is good for 12 years?

Quote: