New toy!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New toy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default New toy!

I picked this up at Cabelas last night, thought it was kinda cool. Stoeger Luger .22LR.

img_1198.jpg   img_1199.jpg  

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Very cool.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #3

They had it priced at $500 when I was there on Saturday, then it was knocked down to $259 last night, then I haggled them down to $200 plus a $20 coupon and a gift card I got for my BDay on Sunday. Ended up being like a $150 fun-gun.

Here's a pic of my other BDay present to myself, an 1891 Argentine Mauser (all matching #'s) with bayonet&scabbard and 3 boxes of ammo for $250:

img_1165.jpg  

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Both are very nice firearms (esp that rifle - it looks really clean).

Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Both are really nice, but I like the Luger best.

Happy Birthday.

OC

"magbum"

Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Nice wood on that Mauser.

I was just at the gun shop and looked at two first model Colt Woodsmen. One was original for $350. and one was reblued for $325. I was sorely tempted, but money's tight right now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Nice wood on that Mauser.

I was just at the gun shop and looked at two first model Colt Woodsmen. One was original for $350. and one was reblued for $325. I was sorely tempted, but money's tight right now.
Yeah, I was happy with it, couldn't say no at that price. Those are both good prices for a woodsman, I'm glad I wasn't there

I hear ya on the money being tight, I don't get to buy unless I sell something, except on my Bday But now I want to sell one of them to buy an M1917 Revolver for $500......it never ends

Old 09-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Very nice, and Happy Birthday. Good score, my friend.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Nice score! Those 1891 Mausers are great, they are quite popular around here as a base to build sportsters, but I like them much better when kept original like yours. They are just beautiful.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 09-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yup Doc, I'm in the same boat. I have to sell something if I want something new. I'm down to bare bones right now, unless I do a very long layaway.