Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > new sw m&p

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kalgunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: sacramento,California
Posts: 86
Default new sw m&p

i just got home from my buddies shop, where i bought a m&p 45 acp. i asked him how business was going. he said good, but he would being doing a lot better if he could more guns. the demand is so high he can't get the guns he needs.he got an order of powder in and one guy bought bought it all.anyhow i pick the gun up in 10 days (Cali law). does anyone have a m&p 45, if so, how do you like it? i already have a couple of 1911s, a xd 45, and a h&k usp 45. so this one should be a good addition.

__________________
kalgunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ZeusEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 579
Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Hi kalgunner,

I've seen a few people refer to the "New" M&P so I ws wondering what is different between the new and previous versions? I'm looking ot buy my first pistol and have been considering the M&P 40.

Is this the new version?

m-p-40.jpg  
__________________
ZeusEcho is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:03 AM   #3
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nonya,WA
Posts: 3,991
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalgunner View Post
i just got home from my buddies shop, where i bought a m&p 45 acp. i asked him how business was going. he said good, but he would being doing a lot better if he could more guns. the demand is so high he can't get the guns he needs.he got an order of powder in and one guy bought bought it all.anyhow i pick the gun up in 10 days (Cali law). does anyone have a m&p 45, if so, how do you like it? i already have a couple of 1911s, a xd 45, and a h&k usp 45. so this one should be a good addition.
Congrats on your purchase, I've owned my 45 M&P for almost two years and put several thousand rounds though it with out a single jam or misfire. At the range I shoot the cheap stuff and it doesn't seem to matter at all. I bought mine with the nights sights and highly recomend them, I also purchased a light/laser combo with a quick detach for home defense that I truly like. You have a 1911 so you going to truly like the way this pistol fits and shoots.

As I said I've owned my M&P 45 for almost two years and I still grin when I shoot it at the range, one of my favorites so much that I bought a M&P 9mm compact for when the weather is warm I can carry it under a tee shirt. If I can wear a jacket or a unbuttoned shirt over a tee shirt I carry my M&P 45.

Let us know what you think when you get your M&P and have a chance to shoot it.
__________________
WDB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #4
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nonya,WA
Posts: 3,991
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusecho View Post
Hi kalgunner,

I've seen a few people refer to the "New" M&P so I ws wondering what is different between the new and previous versions? I'm looking ot buy my first pistol and have been considering the M&P 40.

Is this the new version?
The old S&W M&P is a relover, with out looking it up I think 38 special made in the '70's. The semi auto S&W M&P would be the new version.
__________________
WDB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 33
Default

The Smith & Wesson M&P (Military & Police) has always been a highly respected revolver from its introduction to today. Introduced in 1899, it became the standard by which every other medium-frame double-action revolver would be judged--as well as serving as the launching platform for one of the most influential handgun cartridges in history: the .38 S&W Special. The popularity of the M&P (aka Model 10) revolver grew so quickly that it was the most widely used police revolver in the free world.

The M&P line grew into a new brand of semi-auto handguns in 2006, and has become the biggest product launch in S&W's history. The company has been producing semi-auto handguns for more than 100 years, but it was not until 2006 that the company felt that it had a semi-auto worthy of the M&P logo.

Since its introduction, the M&P has won more than 370 new LE agency (issued sidearm) contracts. This is more new contracts than any other brand, and has come primarily at the expense of Glock and Sig Sauer... Sorry Springfield, the XD did not have any contracts to lose.

The NEW M&P semi-auto really is a worthy heir to the brand's name and reputation.

__________________

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

gglass is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #6
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nonya,WA
Posts: 3,991
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Well expressed gglass

__________________
WDB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City,Utah
Posts: 91
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I just bought an M&P40 a couple weeks ago and really love it. The choice was down to an M&P or an XDm in .40 cal. I liked the way the M&P felt in the hand and naturally pointed better than the XDm. Price was about $80 cheaper as well plus it didn't hurt to have that "made in USA" tag on it either.

I think you'll love your new best friend like everybody I have talked to that has one in any of the flavors.

__________________
stick_man is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:10 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick_man View Post
I just bought an M&P40 a couple weeks ago and really love it. The choice was down to an M&P or an XDm in .40 cal. I liked the way the M&P felt in the hand and naturally pointed better than the XDm. Price was about $80 cheaper as well plus it didn't hurt to have that "made in USA" tag on it either.

I think you'll love your new best friend like everybody I have talked to that has one in any of the flavors.
Thanks for realizing that Springfield's XD pistol line is not American made... So many do not. With this country in financial turmoil it is good to see people take an interest in buying American again! I don't see how helping the Croatian economy is going to help my families' well being or my neighbors.
__________________

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

gglass is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes