New Stoeger Cougar in 45 acp. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

New Stoeger Cougar in 45 acp.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 02:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 475
Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Default

I really like the way my Stoeger Cougar 40 S&W feels and shoots. Because of the barrel staying in a level plane when firing the weapon pushes back with very little rise, that's great for right on follow up shots. Excellent quality for the money.
Viking is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:06 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 34
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I really like the way my Stoeger Cougar 40 S&W feels and shoots. Because of the barrel staying in a level plane when firing the weapon pushes back with very little rise, that's great for right on follow up shots. Excellent quality for the money.
What grain weight bullet you shooting in the 40 in your cougar? Like I said I haven't fired mine yet the 40 that is just the 9mm and I use to have a Beretta 45acp cougar yrs ago....
DaveShooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 475
Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShooter View Post
What grain weight bullet you shooting in the 40 in your cougar? Like I said I haven't fired mine yet the 40 that is just the 9mm and I use to have a Beretta 45acp cougar yrs ago....
I've fired 180gr. FMJ, 165gr.TC hard handcast lead, 165gr. TC FMJ and Speer Gold Dot 165gr. JHP (my carry load). It's been 50/50 factory and handloads. The Cougar has taken everything I've fed it without a hiccup, the most consistantly accurate bullets are the 165 grain.
Viking is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 34
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I've fired 180gr. FMJ, 165gr.TC hard handcast lead, 165gr. TC FMJ and Speer Gold Dot 165gr. JHP (my carry load). It's been 50/50 factory and handloads. The Cougar has taken everything I've fed it without a hiccup, the most consistantly accurate bullets are the 165 grain.
Thanks Viking for the information. How is the muzzle flip or snap as it is called in this cal and this mod pistol if you do not mind me asking?
I had a all steel K40 by Khar arms. That pistol rocked but was a shooter for sure. The cougar design not to answer my own question seems like a softer felt recoil at least to me it did by my exp with the 9mm Stoeger and 45 acp Beretta Cougar I use to own. Again Thanks
DaveShooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 475
Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShooter View Post
Thanks Viking for the information. How is the muzzle flip or snap as it is called in this cal and this mod pistol if you do not mind me asking?
I had a all steel K40 by Khar arms. That pistol rocked but was a shooter for sure. The cougar design not to answer my own question seems like a softer felt recoil at least to me it did by my exp with the 9mm Stoeger and 45 acp Beretta Cougar I use to own. Again Thanks
Very little if any flip, the weapon pushes solidly back into the palm. There doesn't seem to be any torqueing like my Ruger Redhawk does, that's probably because of the short 3.6" barrel on the Cougar. Now that I've had a ccw license for a while I wish I had gotten the Mk40 Kahr as the Cougar is rather large for a skinny guy like me to conceal other than in a waist pouch or under a heavy long sweatshirt or coat.
Viking is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:53 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 34
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
Very little if any flip, the weapon pushes solidly back into the palm. There doesn't seem to be any torqueing like my Ruger Redhawk does, that's probably because of the short 3.6" barrel on the Cougar. Now that I've had a ccw license for a while I wish I had gotten the Mk40 Kahr as the Cougar is rather large for a skinny guy like me to conceal other than in a waist pouch or under a heavy long sweatshirt or coat.
the Khar's are nice like you said about being able to hide or conceal.
I had one also a steel K9 and a Poly frame Kahr in 45 acp my friend and I shot at broken pieces @ 100 yds that pistol blew my mind as to how it shot so darn well.
DaveShooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Stoeger Cougar 9mm SGT-MILLER Semi-Auto Handguns 31 09-27-2013 07:44 PM
Beretta 8000 Cougar coacho Semi-Auto Handguns 4 11-05-2009 04:19 AM
PX4 vs Stoeger Cougar whitedog General Handgun Discussion 1 09-07-2009 03:45 AM
New Trijicons For The Cougar CA357 Semi-Auto Handguns 10 07-26-2009 02:26 PM



Newest Threads