New Stoeger Cougar in 45 acp. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

New Stoeger Cougar in 45 acp.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 02:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 239

I really like the way my Stoeger Cougar 40 S&W feels and shoots. Because of the barrel staying in a level plane when firing the weapon pushes back with very little rise, that's great for right on follow up shots. Excellent quality for the money.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:06 AM   #12

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I really like the way my Stoeger Cougar 40 S&W feels and shoots. Because of the barrel staying in a level plane when firing the weapon pushes back with very little rise, that's great for right on follow up shots. Excellent quality for the money.
What grain weight bullet you shooting in the 40 in your cougar? Like I said I haven't fired mine yet the 40 that is just the 9mm and I use to have a Beretta 45acp cougar yrs ago....

Old 01-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShooter View Post
What grain weight bullet you shooting in the 40 in your cougar? Like I said I haven't fired mine yet the 40 that is just the 9mm and I use to have a Beretta 45acp cougar yrs ago....
I've fired 180gr. FMJ, 165gr.TC hard handcast lead, 165gr. TC FMJ and Speer Gold Dot 165gr. JHP (my carry load). It's been 50/50 factory and handloads. The Cougar has taken everything I've fed it without a hiccup, the most consistantly accurate bullets are the 165 grain.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #14

Quote:
I've fired 180gr. FMJ, 165gr.TC hard handcast lead, 165gr. TC FMJ and Speer Gold Dot 165gr. JHP (my carry load). It's been 50/50 factory and handloads. The Cougar has taken everything I've fed it without a hiccup, the most consistantly accurate bullets are the 165 grain.
Thanks Viking for the information. How is the muzzle flip or snap as it is called in this cal and this mod pistol if you do not mind me asking?
I had a all steel K40 by Khar arms. That pistol rocked but was a shooter for sure. The cougar design not to answer my own question seems like a softer felt recoil at least to me it did by my exp with the 9mm Stoeger and 45 acp Beretta Cougar I use to own. Again Thanks

Old 01-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShooter View Post
Thanks Viking for the information. How is the muzzle flip or snap as it is called in this cal and this mod pistol if you do not mind me asking?
I had a all steel K40 by Khar arms. That pistol rocked but was a shooter for sure. The cougar design not to answer my own question seems like a softer felt recoil at least to me it did by my exp with the 9mm Stoeger and 45 acp Beretta Cougar I use to own. Again Thanks
Very little if any flip, the weapon pushes solidly back into the palm. There doesn't seem to be any torqueing like my Ruger Redhawk does, that's probably because of the short 3.6" barrel on the Cougar. Now that I've had a ccw license for a while I wish I had gotten the Mk40 Kahr as the Cougar is rather large for a skinny guy like me to conceal other than in a waist pouch or under a heavy long sweatshirt or coat.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Very little if any flip, the weapon pushes solidly back into the palm. There doesn't seem to be any torqueing like my Ruger Redhawk does, that's probably because of the short 3.6" barrel on the Cougar. Now that I've had a ccw license for a while I wish I had gotten the Mk40 Kahr as the Cougar is rather large for a skinny guy like me to conceal other than in a waist pouch or under a heavy long sweatshirt or coat.
the Khar's are nice like you said about being able to hide or conceal.
I had one also a steel K9 and a Poly frame Kahr in 45 acp my friend and I shot at broken pieces @ 100 yds that pistol blew my mind as to how it shot so darn well.