New Stoeger Cougar in 45 acp.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New Stoeger Cougar in 45 acp.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default New Stoeger Cougar in 45 acp.

Cannot wait for the new Cougar in 45 to come out this year. It most likely will hit after the shot show, I hope this week. Told my dealer to let me know when it does. I had 2 of the old Beretta 45 cougar's neither one had a pic-rail.
If and when it does I will have one for sure. Be a great pack gun for sure to go along with my 9mm and 40 cougar.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have to admit the rotating barrel concept looks interesting. How accurate are the Cougars that you already have?

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 01-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Interesting....what are the two cougars you have now like? Price isn't bad if the weapon is solid.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had a Beretta Cougar 8045 and liked it fine. I think you'll be happy with yours, especially since you already like the platform.

Here's a link to the range report: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/beretta-cougar-evaluation-range-report-15185/

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I have to admit the rotating barrel concept looks interesting. How accurate are the Cougars that you already have?
Let's put it this way you won't have a problem taking out your target at combat range and futher. I mean they aren't a target handgun but a defense piece. Hope that helped.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Interesting....what are the two cougars you have now like? Price isn't bad if the weapon is solid.
I have the 9mm and the 40 S&W. Gonna get the 45 acp when my dealer gets them in. The Stoeger Cougar in 45 shows it has a pic -rail for a tac light My beretta 45 cougar I use to own didn't.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShooter View Post
I have the 9mm and the 40 S&W. Gonna get the 45 acp when my dealer gets them in. The Stoeger Cougar in 45 shows it has a pic -rail for a tac light My beretta 45 cougar I use to own didn't.
This pistol is very solid not junk by any means. I mean it is made on beretta machines. really is a great pistol.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I had a Beretta Cougar 8045 and liked it fine. I think you'll be happy with yours, especially since you already like the platform.

Here's a link to the range report: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/beretta-cougar-evaluation-range-report-15185/
you are a lucky man for sure to have a Beretta Cougar in 45 acp I salute you. I use to have 2 of those puppy's. Gave one to the producer I had in Nash, Tn back when I was cutting records, the other I sold or traded. That is a great pistol for sure. These stoeger are made on the same machines as the beretta's which is a good thing. Just cheaper mafg cost in Turkey and no union trade issues like in Italy. I have only ran 80 rounds through my 9mm cougar without a problem of any kind. Gonna shoot my new 40 when weather warms up a tad bit.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yup, same equipment, same pistol for less money sounds like a good deal to me.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Yup, same equipment, same pistol for less money sounds like a good deal to me.
Hey CA357 like the quote from the A-Team" I Love it when a plan comes togeather."