New SIG
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New SIG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default New SIG

Thanks to JTJ, Winds and others I bought a new SIG P238!!! I've always been a SIG fan...This is the bare bones model. I'll eventually jazz it up with some aluminum grips and Mepros. I can't wait to take it on a test run. Sure is a cute little guy Here's some pics with it's big brother, my P229 SCT. Which I've decided to keep, I had considered selling it but it's just to nice of gun.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #2

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Congrats on the new gun. I have one also and I love it.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7824 Times on 4697 Posts
Likes Given: 9854

You are going to love that P238. It doesn't matter if it's bare bones or all fancied up. Either way, they are a sweet little pistol.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #4

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Sweet gun for sure. I Dang near decided on picking up a 938 and a 238 before I realized I'd be wasting my money on both. Had I been starting from scratch they'd both be mine, but those spots are already taken.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
You are going to love that P238. It doesn't matter if it's bare bones or all fancied up. Either way, they are a sweet little pistol.
What version do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Sweet gun for sure. I Dang near decided on picking up a 938 and a 238 before I realized I'd be wasting my money on both. Had I been starting from scratch they'd both be mine, but those spots are already taken.
...what do you have?

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
...what do you have?
My Firestar m43. It's only half an inch longer. It is twice the weight, which is why I almost did it, but just cannot justify an extra 700 creating the redundancy just for a lighter gun. I'm still on the fence, I do like the idea of heavier gun for shooting but not for carrying. So we'll see, may still jump on one.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #7

Quote:
My Firestar m43. It's only half an inch longer. It is twice the weight, which is why I almost did it, but just cannot justify an extra 700 creating the redundancy just for a lighter gun. I'm still on the fence, I do like the idea of heavier gun for shooting but not for carrying. So we'll see, may still jump on one.
I just looked it up. Very nice looking little pistol. I bet it would be a good seller with CC popularity if it were still produced.

If you don't mind a .380 the P238 can be had for $550....sell the Star for a couple of hundred and your left with a manageble balance.

Last edited by Sonic82; 01-26-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #8

Liked 751 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 794

Quote:
I had a Feg P63 in 9x18, it was twice the weight of my Sig P230 and was not that pleasant to shoot. Gave it to my brother who was looking for something smaller and was not concerned about weight. You can say that you have something similar, but nothing shoots and carries like a Sig. JMHO. Even their striker fire pistols are very nice. Sonic, congrats!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post

I just looked it up. Very nice looking little pistol. I bet it would be a good seller with CC popularity if it were still produced.

If you don't mind a .380 the P238 can be had for $550....sell the Star for a couple of hundred and your left with a manageble balance.
I'm not getting rid of my Stars ever, just can't. I know I should, parts getting hard to find and eventually gone, but they just suit me perfectly. I can't let them go. It's not the money, I can sort both sigs without selling anything, it's about what they would be and what I've already got. Thanks for trying tho m'friend!

Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post

I had a Feg P63 in 9x18, it was twice the weight of my Sig P230 and was not that pleasant to shoot. Gave it to my brother who was looking for something smaller and was not concerned about weight. You can say that you have something similar, but nothing shoots and carries like a Sig. JMHO. Even their striker fire pistols are very nice. Sonic, congrats!
Mine is great to shoot, heavy, but I like that. Makes follow up shots just fall into place. I've anyways like FEG.