Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   New Sccy CPX-2 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/new-sccy-cpx-2-a-106570/)

bikerlbf406 04-28-2014 09:20 PM

New Sccy CPX-2

4 Attachment(s)
I used to own a Sccy CPX-2 9mm two tone black with silver slide about 2 years ago. Sold it about a year and half ago, and regret selling it ever since. I been wanting to pick up another one but the pricing at my LGS's that sold them has gone up in price since I bought the one I sold. I finally found one, black with black slide, brand new at a local auction, so I placed a bid and after going up in price by $100 from starting bid, I finally one the auction. My winning bid was at $300 with no tax or anything, the cheapest I found at a local gun store when in stock was $350 + tax.

qwiksdraw 04-29-2014 11:41 AM

Congrats on the new SCCY. With over 400 rounds thru mine, it has been 100% reliable.9 The mag springs were in backwards when I got it, but the the gun itself has done its job. It is one of my carry guns now and I feel confidant in carrying it.

Learning the DAO trigger has been interesting, but I'm getting there.

So when are we getting your first range report?

bikerlbf406 04-29-2014 12:06 PM

I'm used to the DAO trigger then again this is the second Sccy for me and I also own several DA revolvers. It seems the spring in the mags being backwards is a common problem with Sccy. I don't believe my springs were backwards on the last Sccy, and I don't believe they are on this one either it feeds just fine. The only problem I have noticed on my old one or on the new one, is that after 3-4 rounds, the mags get almost impossible to load by hand, and its a complete PITA. However if you use a Butler Creek Universal LULA mag loader, it loads up nice and easy. As I know from the last one I owned from leaving the mags loaded for a while, oiling up the spring, and even loading and unloading multiple times, it was still a huge PITA and almost impossible to load 10 rounds in the mag without using the mag loader. Do you have any problem with that? I need to get to range soon to try this and all my new guns out, hopefully sometime in May I can make it there.

qwiksdraw 04-29-2014 11:23 PM

The backward springs was mostly likely from a production run and the issue was resolved. I bought two more and they were good to go.

As for loading the mags, mine load easily now. The first few times the last round or two required a little more push but nothing more than that. Maybe you can load the mags and let them sit for a week or two like that.

Look at the bright side, at least you didn't get mags with weak springs!!!

bikerlbf406 04-30-2014 03:22 AM

Well mine are almost impossible to load past 4 rounds without using a mag loader. I tried putting the spring in the other way and then it rattles after loading it up.....and wasn't any easier to load....so I went on and put it back the way it was. I think I'm just going to email Sccy and explain the situation to them and see what they see. I don't think its right. However I don't think leaving the mags sit loaded for a week or two will help cuz I done that on the last one and it made no difference.

qwiksdraw 05-01-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 (Post 1567825)
.... I tried putting the spring in the other way and then it rattles after loading it up.....and wasn't any easier to load....so I went on and put it back the way it was....

I can only recommend the springs be installed as designed. If it's working now it won't work later, like when you really need it to work.

The loaded mags will rattle, but when carrying you won't hear any rattling.