New P-95
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New P-95

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 01:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New P-95

Well, I had some extra money today and while looking at the wares of a local firearms purveryor I spotted a lonely p-95 in a case. I got it for $318 out the door. And they even threw in a box of ammo. Sadly as I was driving home I got called into work so I haven't gotten to take it to the range yet. It's a little large for a carry weapon, but that just gives me an excuse for another purchase down the line.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Sweet Deal, That P95 should be just right for a truck gun. Good get.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:23 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations. Get out and shoot that rascal ASAP. We will require a range report with photos.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-10-2010, 04:44 AM   #4

I personally dont think its too large to carry. The p95 was the first full size handgun I ever bought. I carried for 2.5 yrs. I used to carry a 15rd mag in the gun and 2 20rds in the mag pouch. I used it a local IPSC competition and I loved it. Good choice. It got everything you want on a pistol.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A nice pistol, I have a few of the P series including a 95, overall a good pistol. Not a carry pistol for me but could be for some. Fun gun to shoot, I expect you will enjoy it a lot.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #6

yeah, we need frickin' pics! what are you thinkin!

this is why i havent made my thread about the pf9 i got yesterday lol.

pics and report, pics and report.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #7

Sorry, I don't have a camera, so I can't take any pictures. Just imagine a piece of paper with a lot of random holes in it.

I took it to the range today and ran 150 rounds of Federal FMJ ammo through it. No FTFs or failures of any kind actually. The springs in the mags are VERY tight. Only the included loading device made it possible to load a full 15 rounds per mag. A heafty firearm to be sure, no Highpoint, but definitely not a light weight carry piece. A bit more muzzle rise than I was expecting for such a weighty pistol in 9mm, but nothing unmanageable. Shot mostly low and to the left straight out of the case (no cleaning or any other prep work was done prior to the range visit) It was fairly inconsistant on round placement. I could get the rounds within about 12" of where I wanted them at 15 yards, but no better. Just to make sure it wasn't just me I kept putting a mag of 22lr out of my MKI on the paper for every two mags of 9mm. I was grouping the .22lr under 4" at the same distance, so I don't think it was me. I'm going to clean it really well and see if that makes any difference next time out.

All in all, I like it. $45 in ammo and range fees reminded me why I haven't been to the range in a while. It needs a thorough cleaning, some better ammo and it should be a very nice firearm indeed.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

[QUOTE=Kain;313189]...Just imagine a piece of paper with a lot of random holes in it...."

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Kain, I bet with a few more trips to the range you will figure out shot placement with your P95. My P93 always makes range trip and if I feel I'm off on my shooting it's the pistol I go to to check the basics. It might be that you didn't clean it prior to shooting it the first time but I expect it's just getting use to the pistol and the break in period. You might also want to try a slip on rubber grip with finger grooves.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.