New Kahr CW9 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New Kahr CW9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I put about 250-300 rounds through it yesterday. I'm used to shooting my Ruger P85. At first I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with my CW9. The short barrell, light weight, and DAO trigger took some getting used to. My groups were either high or low. The trigger is very smooth, just longer than a SA pistol. After about 100 rounds, I was starting to dial it in. If I really took my time and concentrated on my trigger pull and watched my breathing, my shooting was great and the sites were set perfect. All I have found lately is cheap target ammo so that is all I shot. All ammo was FMJ 115 gr. I shot Winchester, Blazer Brass, American Eagle, and Monarch. I did shoot one magazine of Federal JHP and they did fine.

The Kahr never FTF or FTE. I did have one glitch at about 220 rounds. With a full magazine, on my 3rd shot, the slide locked back like I was out of ammo. I released the slide and finished the magazine and shot another 50 rounds. No more problems. A friend of mine suggested that maybe I didn't seat the bullets far enough back in the magazine. I did notice that the top bullet tries to move forward because of the shape of the magazine. Maybe I should work on keeping the 2nd-7th pushed back as I load. Getting the 7th round in the magazine was a little tough at times. I suspect this will get better with use of the magazine. I plan to get an 8 round magazine before I shoot again. Any comments or suggestions on this matter are appreciated.

I have a month or more until I get my CHL(The wait after submitting all of your materials is up to about 3 months now.) I plan to put a couple hundred more rounds through it before then. Barring any more problems, I think I will be comfortable with my Kahr by then.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
I just bought a Glock 19 for the 4-month wait before my CCW goes through. My state has a big backlog. I thought I'd get a larger pistol to practice with, then buy a pocket gun later.

As long as the PM9 has come up in conversation about the CW9, what are people's thoughts between the two. I'd like to get a second weapon simply for those days I wish to pocket carry. For me, if I can IWB carry, I think I'll do just fine with my G19, but for those days I'd like to dress in less clothing and just pocket carry, I was thinking PM9. But would the CW9 be a little better choice? Any thoughts?
In my opinion, the CW9 is a little too large for pocket carry but the PM9 fits the bill perfectly for me.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:46 AM   #13

Texanbybirth,

Glad to hear you & the CW9 are getting along.
As you know, the more ammo you run through it and the more time
spent with it the better it'll be.
Gotta love those Kahr firearms!!

Old 07-08-2009, 04:59 AM   #14

That ruger looks like a brick compaired! Congrats..

"complaints are really just others opportunities"

bring back W.