Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   New Hand GUN Help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/new-hand-gun-help-52877/)

6shootersandw 12-01-2011 08:50 PM

New Hand GUN Help

I am thinking about getting the XDM .45 or the S&W M&P .45 but I can't decide. I held the XDM and it fits like a glove but I like American made products. The company is American but the handgun is build in Croatia.

6shootersandw 12-01-2011 10:12 PM

c'mon guys a little help

Gatoragn 12-01-2011 10:39 PM

I have an XD 45, I like it.

I have no experience with S&W pistols. I do like my wife's S&W J frame revolver and highly recommend it.

hddave 12-02-2011 12:20 AM

Go with perfection and get yourself a Glock, You can thank me later ;-)

JonM 12-02-2011 12:40 AM

made in america isnt all its cracked up to be. check out the exploding chevy volts...

get the xdm!! you wont regret it

the M&P pistol is just a relabeled sigma heh

roscoguy 12-02-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 641407)
made in america isnt all its cracked up to be. check out the exploding chevy volts...

Ya know, that was really uncalled for. :mad: Exploding, eh?
I'm gonna quit here before I follow your example...

trip286 12-02-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM

get the xdm!! you wont regret it

the M&P pistol is just a relabeled sigma heh

it may be a sigma at heart, but at least the trigger is better:)
My step brother is a cop and he got the xd because it was all the rage in his department, but after shooting our parents (my mom and his dad's) m&p's he decided he liked those much better, went out and bought one the next day.

I've never shot an xd, but I've handled them and the trigger guard just seems too small for my tastes. But I hear great things about them.

It is a Croat gun sure, but they've also made good guns in the past, and springfield is still an American company, so your money will still be feeding American families.

FWIW, I'm leaning towards a springfield 1911 and many of their 1911 frames and slides are built in brazil.

MrWray 12-02-2011 01:24 AM

Ive had 2 Xd .40s and i just dont care for them at all, im not a S&W fan either but i think that the M&P is the better gun of the two

WDB 12-02-2011 01:43 AM

I've had a M&P 45 as my CC for over six years. I'm on my second one only becuae I gave the first one to my son. For me the M&P is a pistol I trust my life with, fits my hand well, a pistol I know will fire every time and comes up to target with a natural feel.

M&P hands down as far as I'm concerned.

JonM 12-02-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscoguy (Post 641412)
Ya know, that was really uncalled for. :mad: Exploding, eh?
I'm gonna quit here before I follow your example...

yeah gm is offering to buy them back due to the batteries cracking catching fire and possibly exploding in high speed wrecks. when lithium in batteries is exposed to oxygen it burns if enough is exposed at once it can easily explode.

GM May Buy Back Chevrolet Volts, Redesign Battery Pack Due To Fires | Fox News

big corporations dont buy products back just cuz they feel nice. thats worse than a recall.