New Gun Big Questions!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New Gun Big Questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 04:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default New Gun Big Questions!

Ok I have been eyeing some new gun and im not sure what i want just yet. Im looking to spend under 400 and im thinking that i would like to stay with a 9mm. The gun is going to be for home defence/ pleasuer shooting/ possiable carry gun. I know thats alot to ask for 400 but i have been eyeing the S&W M&P 9 and i would like to hear a little more about it and any others that might fit into this price range. Right now my gun store has the M&P on sale for 369 and you get 4 hi-cap mags with it. Any thoughts would be great Thanks Anthony

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2008, 04:20 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You might want to check out the Springfield XDs too before you buy.

Also, please tell me you're into lizards...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Also, please tell me you're into lizards...
Er, uh yeah. If not, please don't EVER post anything in your gallery.

Agree with the XD recommendation or Glock. Personal preference of course. I don't care for S&W autos, but that is just me. Get what you can shoot well and get a reliable one. Let us know what you get.
Good luck.

Last edited by hillbilly68; 01-09-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #4

I used to keep Reptiles thats where the herp man came from thanks for the input i was also thinking about the taurus version of the 92 fs but i dont know i hear bad things about them and their service. have also thought about the charles daly version of the browning hi power.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #5

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I agree with the recommendation of looking at Glock or the XD. The grip angles are different and one or the other might fit you better. Buy quality and what feels right in your hand. Good luck and happy shooting.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2713 Times on 1420 Posts
Likes Given: 224

For me the XD is about perfect feel but, I have a paw rather than a hand. The Smith 99 has the interchangeable back straps that can adapt to nearly any hand. The mag release on the Smith is ambidextrious levers and a bit different if you are used to buttons. The two would be a toss up IMHO find out which one feels best and go fer it!
ps: I do not like the Glock grip angle and you cannot shoot plain lead if you are so inclined.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp_man2003 View Post
Ok I have been eyeing some new gun and im not sure what i want just yet. Im looking to spend under 400 and im thinking that i would like to stay with a 9mm. The gun is going to be for home defence/ pleasuer shooting/ possiable carry gun. I know thats alot to ask for 400 but i have been eyeing the S&W M&P 9 and i would like to hear a little more about it and any others that might fit into this price range. Right now my gun store has the M&P on sale for 369 and you get 4 hi-cap mags with it. Any thoughts would be great Thanks Anthony
I would say look at Glock before buying anything but I doubt you can get a new one for anything near $400. So that brings me to Ruger SR9 for $399. It would appear to be a very nice handgun for that price and if it wasn't for the fact that I am waiting for 2 other 9MMs on order now I would have bought one this past weekend.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:42 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
i was also thinking about the taurus version of the 92 fs but i dont know i hear bad things about them and their service. have also thought about the charles daly version of the browning hi power.
A friend had one for years. It was nicer than the Beretta that it was a copy of.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #9

Default Need a Quick Answer

Ok I was in the gun shop today and they had a used xd sub compact 9 for 325 out the door its 347 what do you think good buy? The gun is in good shape and its got the xd gear and an extra mag. It dosent look like its been shot to much not much wear on the slide the guy at the gun store said that he deals with the guy who brought it in alot and he always takes good care of his gun let me know what you all think thanks Anthony

Old 01-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Ok I was in the gun shop today and they had a used xd sub compact 9 for 325 out the door its 347 what do you think good buy? The gun is in good shape and its got the xd gear and an extra mag. It dosent look like its been shot to much not much wear on the slide the guy at the gun store said that he deals with the guy who brought it in alot and he always takes good care of his gun let me know what you all think thanks Anthony

Sounds like a good deal to me. I wish I was into buying used; I would probably save a lot of money.