Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   new to this gun (

dodge42 02-13-2013 09:23 PM

new to this gun
i have recently inherited a star eibar hundgun and i was wondering if any one could tell me how to break it down so i can clean it up it is on a 1911 frame and really needs to be cleaned as it is old any help would be greatful thnak you

nixfix 02-13-2013 10:43 PM

May want to post this in the semi-auto forum. You're likely to get more responses.

c3shooter 02-14-2013 12:00 AM

Moved your thread over to auto pistols where it has a better chance of being seen.

Now, let the smiting begin- you do not tell us the model, and you do not post a picture. Crystal ball is in the shop again for a coolant leak. Smite.

However, I am guessing you probably have a Star Model B in 9mm Parabellum. This will probably cover what you have- if not, get us some more info.

By the way, I see that you are new to our goofy little band- welcome- glad you found your way here. When you get a minute, drop by the intro thread and say hello.

OldManMontgomery 02-14-2013 12:01 AM

Dodge, the Star pistols were mostly modified copies of the Government Model. They field strip almost exactly the way a Government Model does.

If that information doesn't come trippingly to your mind, do a web search for "1911 take down" or such and you'll probably find a place with pictures and all.

qwiksdraw 02-14-2013 11:33 AM

I thought the Star Model B used 9MM Largo ammo?

c3shooter 02-14-2013 12:07 PM

Nope. Star B is 9mm Parabellum. If you click on the link in my post above, it takes you to the owner's manual published by Star- and it shows 9mm Para on the cover.

qwiksdraw 02-14-2013 03:43 PM

That link didn't work on my computer. Thanks for the info.