New Gun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 03:23 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Very nice.

What is the mag capacity on that baby?
Still 19+1.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #22

I likey. That's a lot of accessories. Congrats!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1261 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Fred it is Oct 2nd & 3rd. I am intending to use it for carry. The other option is the SR9c. I admit the Ruger is thinner and might be easier to carry, but I am going to take a good look at the Srpingfield because I like them. I am also a pretty big guy, so I may be able to conceal it.

Last edited by Daoust_Nat; 09-25-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1261 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Good luck with that, even used 3.8s are selling for over $500...
I have seen them for $600 at Gander Mtn. $500 is a target. See what some competing stores will do at the Orlando show. Might not work, but I will give it a try.

Always good to go to a show with a plan if you are thinking of a purchase. It will be a cash deal, and I can walk out of it in Florida with the CCW. Those two things might work in my favor.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:12 AM   #25

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
Now keep in mind I've only been carrying it for a week and have never carried anything else, so I have nothing to compare it to. But for having eleven rounds of .45, it doesn't bother me a bit.

The only thing that is somewhat irritating, is that I have to keep my belt super tight to keep it from sagging, but I'm not sure if that is because of the weight of the gun or the fact that I've gotta a cheap crappy belt that I've had for about 5 years. I'm thinking it's the belt. I'm planning on ordering a good gun belt in the next couple weeks, so once it comes in I can let you know for sure.

-Fred
I'll look forward to your new report on that belt and carrying that XDc.

I've tried out several different compact and sub-compact models on deciding what will be my CCW. I'm only 5'6'' at 175 lbs so naturally a compact and sub-compact modeled pistol is what would be best for a CCW for a man of my size. I've narrowed down my choices to only a select few handguns compared to my extensive list that I had before. It is now down to the XDc in 9mm and .45 ACP, the XDsc in 9mm, the S&W M&Pc in 9mm or .45 ACP, and a couple of others.

Anyway thanks for the advice, and once again I look forward to your final verdict on the XDc in .45 ACP.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 01-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Picking this up tonight. Nothing I really need, just too good of a package to pass up I suppose. Like new XD45 compact with just 50rds through it, 4 total mags, and a brand new SuperTuck to boot!

$460 for everything. So I said, "I'll take it!"
YOU lucky SOG, I have luck when it comes to purchasing weapons but I have never been that lucky!!