Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm not a big guy, 6'4" 190 lbs, and I can conceal it under shorts and a Large t-shirt with no problems. Notice that large with a big l, so my shirts aren't even that big. When I'm at work I have to tuck my shirt in and i can even conceal it there with no problems. Overall I'm very happy with it as a CCW.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 569 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Your source wouldn't have anything else to sell would he?

Guy I work with was talking about selling an XDm 9 mm because his son didn't like it. I guess I was too eager, he hasn't mentioned it in a few weeks! Gotta tone down that; "how much?"

Old 09-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
I'm not a big guy, 6'4" 190 lbs, and I can conceal it under shorts and a Large t-shirt with no problems. Notice that large with a big l, so my shirts aren't even that big. When I'm at work I have to tuck my shirt in and i can even conceal it there with no problems. Overall I'm very happy with it as a CCW.

-Fred
Hey thanks for the info Fred!

I have been researching on again and off again on what would be a good CCW for two years now (I know its sad ) and I have a couple of models in mind on what I want to check out. The XD series just happens to be one of them. That's good to know that the compact model has some relative ease on concealability. I'll keep that in mind when I go test out a couple of pistols here soon. Thanks again!

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Last edited by Major Kusanagi; 09-22-2010 at 05:53 AM.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:36 AM   #14

Now keep in mind I've only been carrying it for a week and have never carried anything else, so I have nothing to compare it to. But for having eleven rounds of .45, it doesn't bother me a bit.

The only thing that is somewhat irritating, is that I have to keep my belt super tight to keep it from sagging, but I'm not sure if that is because of the weight of the gun or the fact that I've gotta a cheap crappy belt that I've had for about 5 years. I'm thinking it's the belt. I'm planning on ordering a good gun belt in the next couple weeks, so once it comes in I can let you know for sure.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-23-2010, 03:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Your source wouldn't have anything else to sell would he?

Guy I work with was talking about selling an XDm 9 mm because his son didn't like it. I guess I was too eager, he hasn't mentioned it in a few weeks! Gotta tone down that; "how much?"
I got a XDm 45 from the uncle of the guy that I got the XD from and couldn't be happier. As far as range/home defense/SHTF gun, I can't think of many other pistols that would fill all three roles as nicely as it does. I was actually thinking of getting an XDm 9, but decided to go with a CZ. I'll probably end up getting one eventually though.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 569 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
I got a XDm 45 from the uncle of the guy that I got the XD from and couldn't be happier. As far as range/home defense/SHTF gun, I can't think of many other pistols that would fill all three roles as nicely as it does. I was actually thinking of getting an XDm 9, but decided to go with a CZ. I'll probably end up getting one eventually though.

-Fred
I am going to go to the Orlando show next weekend and see what price can be negotiated for the XDm 9 compact. If I can get it to around $500 I will buy it.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #17

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
I am going to go to the Orlando show next weekend and see what price can be negotiated for the XDm 9 compact. If I can get it to around $500 I will buy it.
Good luck with that, even used 3.8s are selling for over $500...

Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Very nice.

What is the mag capacity on that baby?

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #19

That is a great score! I just traded my XD40 for a bi-tone XD45C and I love it. Thankfully, my crossbreed QwikClip for the 40 fit the 45 perfectly as well!

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 09-24-2010, 03:22 AM   #20

Quote:
I actually might head over there myself. I didn't know it was this weekend. It seems like there was just a show a month or so ago.

But just out of curiosity, what is your intended purpose for the 3.8? When I first heard about them, I thought "Sweet! A concealable XDm!", then I found out that they had the full size grip, and I find myself trying to find a use for one. They aren't any more concealable than the full size because the grip is the hardest thing to conceal, and they don't have the longer barrel of the full size, so there is a possibility for reduced accuracy. I guess I just find myself scratching my head at it.

Just curious.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!