Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The new edition,HK USP .40cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 02:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
H&K makes a good pistol. I had one for a few years in .45

Looks like you got yourself a good deal. Looking forward to hearing about the range report.

JD
What I think Dillinger wanted to say was, a GREAT pistol and, a GREAT deal!

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 AM   #12

are you pretty knowledgeable on the USP? Is the OD green anything special. I tried to research it but cant really find much. Do you know if it was like a limited production run or anything like that. When i try to look it up all that show up is ads for OD green USP sales and all say they are rare but still sell at a decent price. Is it just a gimmick. I am just curious, not trying to sound like i got the gun just to say i have a rare one, just would like to know is all.

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

About 4 or 5 years ago HK made a run of USPs with tan,green and even gray frames. Now, I know this wasn't part of your question, but the only other type of slide was stainless a couple years back. If you ever come across a green or other color, its an after market job. Now,concerning your frame,only about 500 were made in those three colors. I'd say for the price you paid,you fell ass backwards into your first H&K. Congrats.

"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".

Last edited by HKSlinger; 01-27-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
About 4 or 5 years ago HK made a run of USPs with tan,green and even gray frames. Now, I know this wasn't part of your question, but the only other type of slide was stainless a couple years back. If you ever come across a green or other color, its an after market job. Now,concerning your frame,only about 500 were made in those three colors. I'd say for the price you paid,you fell ass backwards into your first H&K. Congrats.
Is that a good thing?

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Oh,I guess its like anything else. If you like it,you like it. Personally,I'm old school. Like my handguns black or blue. Do I think anything other than a black frame is going to be a collectors item? No. I know HK is thinking about starting production of those colored frames again . So, is it a good thing? I guess it depends on who's looking.