The new edition,HK USP .40cal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The new edition,HK USP .40cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The new edition,HK USP .40cal

This is the new kid on the block here in my collection, and man it is sweet. Is a 04 H&K USP .40cal in OD green. It came with Trijicon H3 06 night sights, a jet funnel, and only 1 16rd mag. I picked it up for $599 plus tax. It is in real good shape only a little wear probably from a holster, But no scratches or nicks anywhere. Looking forward to going to the range this weekend, should be fun.I think the price was pretty fare but i am no USP expert this is my first HK anything. Anyway just thought i would show it off to you guys and see what you think.

p1100080.jpg   p1100081.jpg   p1100082.jpg  

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

H&K makes a good pistol. I had one for a few years in .45

Looks like you got yourself a good deal. Looking forward to hearing about the range report.

JD

Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #3

Yeah hopefully i will get a report on it this weekend. I will post target pics and stuff. Thanks for the post.

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #4

I am not familar with that edition, but most of the USP series you can make adjustments to the trigger. I forget the setting, but one of the last two I tried made a WORLD of difference in mine when I had it. If you have the same adjustments, I would look into giving them a try.

Good luck.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I am not familar with that edition, but most of the USP series you can make adjustments to the trigger. I forget the setting, but one of the last two I tried made a WORLD of difference in mine when I had it. If you have the same adjustments, I would look into giving them a try.

Good luck.
Was it just an adjustment on th factory trigger or a trigger kit?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #6

Check the owner's manual, these were factory "changes" that could be made with the stuff that came with the parts in the soft case. It's been about 5 years, but I think it was a couple of simple adjustments.

Mine was the USP Tactical and I believe it had (4) settings for the trigger. One was like DOA, but the others were for single and double action if memory serves. Anyways, we messed around with all four and it was like the 3rd one that I ended up liking the best. No custom gunsmithing, but it took some play out of the front end on S/A and the reset was quick for follow ups.

It wasn't match grade or anything, but it was a bit better than the way it came out of the box.

I do know that there are several drop in kits and also people that make fully custom triggers for several HK pistols though. I keep seeing the name Bill Springfield in these types of threads, but I don't know, or know anything, about the man or his products.

Found his e-mail addy in case you want a price quote: wspringfield@comcast.net

Good luck.

JD

Old 01-27-2011, 02:52 AM   #7

Thanks for the info, I did some searching and that adjustable trigger only came on the tactical and i think the match models. Mine is just a version 1 DA/SA.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:12 AM   #8

Ah. Well, in that case my apologies for misleading you.

JD

Old 01-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Ah. Well, in that case my apologies for misleading you.

JD
Its no problem at all, thanks for talking wit me about it.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:48 AM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You made a wise investment. If I do say so myself. Check out CDNN Sports. Some good deals on mags.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7