Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   The new edition,HK USP .40cal (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/new-edition-hk-usp-40cal-37461/)

HighPlainsDrifter 01-26-2011 09:36 PM

The new edition,HK USP .40cal

3 Attachment(s)
This is the new kid on the block here in my collection, and man it is sweet. Is a 04 H&K USP .40cal in OD green. It came with Trijicon H3 06 night sights, a jet funnel, and only 1 16rd mag. I picked it up for $599 plus tax. It is in real good shape only a little wear probably from a holster, But no scratches or nicks anywhere. Looking forward to going to the range this weekend, should be fun.I think the price was pretty fare but i am no USP expert this is my first HK anything. Anyway just thought i would show it off to you guys and see what you think.:D

Dillinger 01-26-2011 09:37 PM

H&K makes a good pistol. I had one for a few years in .45

Looks like you got yourself a good deal. Looking forward to hearing about the range report.

JD

HighPlainsDrifter 01-26-2011 09:54 PM

Yeah hopefully i will get a report on it this weekend. I will post target pics and stuff. Thanks for the post.

Dillinger 01-26-2011 09:57 PM

I am not familar with that edition, but most of the USP series you can make adjustments to the trigger. I forget the setting, but one of the last two I tried made a WORLD of difference in mine when I had it. If you have the same adjustments, I would look into giving them a try.

Good luck.

HighPlainsDrifter 01-26-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 430382)
I am not familar with that edition, but most of the USP series you can make adjustments to the trigger. I forget the setting, but one of the last two I tried made a WORLD of difference in mine when I had it. If you have the same adjustments, I would look into giving them a try.

Good luck.

Was it just an adjustment on th factory trigger or a trigger kit?

Dillinger 01-26-2011 11:41 PM

Check the owner's manual, these were factory "changes" that could be made with the stuff that came with the parts in the soft case. It's been about 5 years, but I think it was a couple of simple adjustments.

Mine was the USP Tactical and I believe it had (4) settings for the trigger. One was like DOA, but the others were for single and double action if memory serves. Anyways, we messed around with all four and it was like the 3rd one that I ended up liking the best. No custom gunsmithing, but it took some play out of the front end on S/A and the reset was quick for follow ups.

It wasn't match grade or anything, but it was a bit better than the way it came out of the box.

I do know that there are several drop in kits and also people that make fully custom triggers for several HK pistols though. I keep seeing the name Bill Springfield in these types of threads, but I don't know, or know anything, about the man or his products.

Found his e-mail addy in case you want a price quote: wspringfield@comcast.net

Good luck.

JD

HighPlainsDrifter 01-27-2011 01:52 AM

Thanks for the info, I did some searching and that adjustable trigger only came on the tactical and i think the match models. Mine is just a version 1 DA/SA.

Dillinger 01-27-2011 02:12 AM

Ah. Well, in that case my apologies for misleading you.:o

JD

HighPlainsDrifter 01-27-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 430564)
Ah. Well, in that case my apologies for misleading you.:o

JD

Its no problem at all, thanks for talking wit me about it.

HKSlinger 01-27-2011 02:48 AM

You made a wise investment. If I do say so myself.:D Check out CDNN Sports. Some good deals on mags.