New buy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default New buy

Just bought a Taurus PT99AF. I'm not familiar with them any info would be appreciated. It has made in Brazil on one side and a lanyard loop , the mag. release is at the rear of the trigger. Don't have the ability to send pictures. The serial # is L63xxx .THANKS

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I've not had a PT-99, but have several Taurus guns. The closest two that I have to the PT-99 are a PT-101, which is like a .40 S&W version of the 99, and a PT-940, which is more of a compact .40. I am happy with both. They shoot pretty straight, are not finnicky about ammo, and are sturdy. The only thing that I'd change about the PT-101 is the open-top slide. It has a tendency to collect dust, and needs cleaning more often than other semiautos.