A New Addition (yaay!!!!!) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > A New Addition (yaay!!!!!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I may be purchasing an XDM in the near future. We'll see.

19 + 1 (9mm) in a regular size gun. Amazing.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I just bought the XDM 9 (19+1) and I'm thrilled. It's as accurate as I can make it and the hi-cap mags make you wonder when it'll run out. I mailled in the bonus offer for (2) free mags, hope to see those by early Feb.

This is my second XD and I have no complaints. Between the two, almost 1000 rounds with zero FTF.

Virginia58

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
~John Wooden

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm waiting for them to come out with the XDM in .45acp and then I'll get 1 to try out.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'm waiting for them to come out with the XDM in .45acp and then I'll get 1 to try out.
I would be impressed if they can put more than 14 rounds in the same package... imagine a 15rnd. of .45ACP in a pistol no bigger than a Glock 22
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 01-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
I would be impressed if they can put more than 14 rounds in the same package... imagine a 15rnd. of .45ACP in a pistol no bigger than a Glock 22
I love you Asmel - but here in the US, most us don't need more than 2 or 3 rounds, even with large assailants.

I think you will find most 1911 shooters are well versed in putting multiple shots on target in a short period of time and they are very adapt a "hot" reloads.

JD

Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I love you Asmel - but here in the US, most us don't need more than 2 or 3 rounds, even with large assailants.
I think you will find most 1911 shooters are well versed in putting multiple shots on target in a short period of time and they are very adapt a "hot" reloads.
JD
In here the hi-cap is a must... multiple assailants, it depends on the situation, but they can be even 3 or 4, all of them armed and willing to kill, always under the influence of strong drugs, and maybe because in here the assailants are don't frightened by law officers neither armed victims, any shooting could last even minutes and under influence not only the fear fades away, the pain too, so a good caliber plus a hi-cap is a must... I could spend hours to explain the situation of Venezuela, but in resume carry (the bigger the better) is a need not an option.
And initially I say that because I was thinking in that XD(m) is an improve of the regular XD, so the capacity of the XD9 and XD40 was increased, I figure how many more rounds could been put in the XD(m)45? even 1 more would be enough...
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

Old 01-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #17

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
In here the hi-cap is a must... multiple assailants, it depends on the situation, but they can be even 3 or 4, all of them armed and willing to kill, always under the influence of strong drugs, and maybe because in here the assailants are don't frightened by law officers neither armed victims, any shooting could last even minutes and under influence not only the fear fades away, the pain too, so a good caliber plus a hi-cap is a must... I could spend hours to explain the situation of Venezuela, but in resume carry (the bigger the better) is a need not an option.
And initially I say that because I was thinking in that XD(m) is an improve of the regular XD, so the capacity of the XD9 and XD40 was increased, I figure how many more rounds could been put in the XD(m)45? even 1 more would be enough...
Asmel, 1911 Government in a 8+1 .460 Rowland, ask JD to hurry-up!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Asmel, 1911 Government in a 8+1 .460 Rowland, ask JD to hurry-up!
I know, I Know!! Still paying off Christmas and the spousal unit went and got into a car accident, not her fault, but now we have to get a lawyer involved because the other person's policy had lapsed and the payment for said policy was in the mail, so person at fault's insurance company is not honoring the claim.

It's been an ugly month in the JD house, let me tell you...

Asmel: I completely understand your situation & your need for a bigger, better package. I believe there are a couple of companies out there that produce double stack .45 caliber 1911's. One of the guys here has one and loves it, but I can't remember who it is. It's still early and I haven't had any breakfast, so it will come to me later when I am a little more awake....

I think Springfield Armory, STI and possibly Para-Ord all stock double stack 1911's in their basic product line up. Don't know if any are available to you down there behind enemy lines though....

JD

Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Dillinger;65823
I think Springfield Armory, STI and possibly Para-Ord all stock double stack 1911's in their basic product line up. Don't know if any are available to you down there behind enemy lines though....

JD[/QUOTE]

Para-Ordnance makes hi-cap .45's, but if they cost around $1650 in Argentina, I don't even want to imagine how much one of those could cost in Venezuela.

I want a .45 bad (on a 1911 platform, as God intended), and I'm debating whether to go with a double stack with 14+1 rounds (Para 16-45) which seems like a pain in the butt to conceal, or a Colt 1991 A1 and a S&W snubbie as a back up.

Maybe a snubnose revolver in addition to a standard capacity .45 might work for you as well, Asmel.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Para-Ordnance makes hi-cap .45's, but if they cost around $1650 in Argentina, I don't even want to imagine how much one of those could cost in Venezuela.
In here we buy what we can instead what we want. USA has an embargo over Venezuela in firearms and military stuff... so we can't buy anything that says MADE IN USA and/or come from the States. And the only supplier and/or importer is CAVIM (the national armory/arsenal) so we only can buy what the government want to sell to us, and paying the price that they likes... a Glock or a Taurus cost about $3000 and you would expect pay about $4500 for a 1911 clone (Norinco or Armscor) or a Beretta... There are some gun shops that keep pre-ban american firearms but to abusive prices... a brand new Colt Python or Colt 1911 could reach $5000 easily, same as a high quality european firearm like H&K or Sig. And same is for ammo (A domestic CAVIM 9mm FMJ 25rnd. box cost about $40 and a cor-bon JHP cost about $75).
And then comes the caliber subject... you only can carry up to 9mm/38spl calibers (.22lr .25ACP .32ACP .380ACP .38spl 9mm) the other calibers larger than that (357mag .40S&W .44mag .45ACP) are just for home defense and are not allowed to carry... other caliber off the previously mentioned can't be found anywere in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Maybe a snubnose revolver in addition to a standard capacity .45 might work for you as well, Asmel.
My father have a 9mm Star, I don't have my very own gun but I'm thinking in buy a Taurus Mod.82 4" revolver or a Taurus 24/7 9mm, or 2 firearms that could buy if a found them because don't stay 2 minutes in the shelves: Stöeger Cougar 9mm or a Baikal MP-446 'Viking' 9mm.... that are my options that I could afford... I'm in a budget... and I thinking in move out of Venezuela so it's a meney that I could save for others things, in the mean time I shoot the Star at the range on weekends (When we can spend in ammo).
Dr. Adrian Rogers”