Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   New Addition! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/new-addition-99039/)

sleeper 10-17-2013 02:32 PM

New Addition!

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to share my excitement! I purchased today my new Sig Sauer p-250c in 9mm. Can't wait to get out to the range this afternoon and put some rounds through it. Happy Birthday to me 😀

AIKIJUTSU 10-17-2013 02:38 PM

Great! P250 is a versatile gun. When you get used to it, maybe you could buy the guts for a .40 S&W and maybe a .357 SIG.
One serial number, several different calibers and barrel/slide lengths.
Congratulations.
Oh, yeah - "Happy birthday"

JW357 10-17-2013 03:45 PM

Happy birthday and congratulations on the purchase!

sleeper 10-17-2013 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I have just returned from the range with my new Sig. I have to say I am a bit disappointed and seek the advice of this forum. I put 150 Rds through it. 1st box steel cased tulammo= multiple failure to fires, the cartridge would fire on the second or third strike. 2nd box=Remington umc fmj= 2 failure to fire by same means. Box number 3= federal champion fmj= flawless. My question is--> could this just be break-in stuff? Is it ammo sensitive? Or should I ship my brand new baby off to sig on day one?

Here are my first 3 groups ranging from bottom to top at 7rds.

AIKIJUTSU 10-17-2013 05:35 PM

Seems strange for a pricey gun.
Give it a good cleaning and lube it properly, then try again.
It's not a happy event if it goes "bang" when you expected it to go "click".
But it can be disastrous if it goes "click" when you expected it to go "bang".

JW357 10-17-2013 05:50 PM

Did you clean and lube the gun before you shot it?

It could be a break in period type deal. I'm not experienced with that gun, but I recommend putting another 150 rounds through it and trying again. See if you can get it to function flawlessly with the ammo it wasn't working with before.

If its still having problems, then I say send it in.

eatmydust 10-17-2013 06:05 PM

Like the new blaster, sleeper & HBTY!

sleeper 10-17-2013 09:09 PM

Thanks for the replies, I did not clean and lube the gun before. I went straight to the range from purchasing. I hope that is all it is. I've of light primer strikes with striker fired pistols but I would think that would be less common with hammer fired options.

JW357 10-17-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeper (Post 1404601)
Thanks for the replies, I did not clean and lube the gun before. I went straight to the range from purchasing.

Could very well be the problem. Clean and lube it up well and take it back to the range and see what happens.

Again I recommend putting another hundred or so rounds of what it likes through it. Then clean it again and try the troublesome ammo. That should tell you if its just ammo picky or if it was the packing grease maybe that didn't get cleaned.

sleeper 11-06-2013 03:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wanted to update after my second range trip with the P250c in 9mm. I brought it home and cleaned it well after having multiple light strikes on its first trip. Today I put 100rds of WWB and 50rds of monarch 115gr fmj. Both functioned perfectly! I like this gun more each time I pick it up and fire it. I even took along my old standby for comparison and for me the sig is just better. Couldn't be happier and thanks for the advice guys. Here are a few pics from the trip. I started at 3 yrds and backed it out to 15 yrds. You can probably guess which is which.