Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > New .40 wanted opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2551 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I would not recommend disableing any safety device on a firearm that could potentially be used for self defense. Perhaps you live in an area with a good conservative DA that will look at the case objectively and not make a stink about the disabled safety, but.....and that is one big but, some ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer will see it as a good reason to go after you. Depending on your State's laws, a suit might be brought in a different juristiction that is full of gun hating bone heads that will find against you. Wrongful death of their loved one who may have been killed in your jusistiction but lived in another juristiction.

IMHO, if you do not want a magazine disconnector, buy a pistol that came w/o one. There are plenty of options.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
I'll throw in a hearty "thumbs up" for the CZ 75B. I think it is the best feeling pistol I own. There is a compact version (not the RAAMI or CZ 101) , built on a steel frame as well.
Yes sir, the CZ75B fits like a glove and meant to be used. I put Hogue Soft Grips on mine, and they are simply AWESOME! I just can't put the beast down... everytime I see my CZ, it screams "hold me daddy..."

Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #23

I've looked at the CZ's and like the CZ 75 compact but I have read a lot of people have problems with FTF and FTE. I wonder if they have fixed the problem or if they are really that unreliable. Most things people have said about CZ's are pretty good and the price is affordable. I like the features too. I was wondering if anybody has some experience with this gun?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie810 View Post
I've looked at the CZ's and like the CZ 75 compact but I have read a lot of people have problems with FTF and FTE. I wonder if they have fixed the problem or if they are really that unreliable. Most things people have said about CZ's are pretty good and the price is affordable. I like the features too. I was wondering if anybody has some experience with this gun?
I believe you have to look at the person that's shooting it. I own several CZ's and I've never experienced a single problem fron any of them. People that have had an issue with CZ's generally have little or no experience with autoloaders in general. At least that's what I have observed at the gun range...

Hold a CZ tight when you fire it, and keep it clean... and you'll never have a problem!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #25

I only have experience with the 75B in .40 caliber. I polished the feed ramp before I even shot it, but only because I felt like it, didn't look rough. I absolutely love this gun, more than the pile of Glocks I have. The Glocks are like the bar chics, there's a lot of them, easy to get and they serve a purpose, but everyone has had one. I fell in love with the CZ.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #26

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Default Dillingers Right

Quote:
I am looking to buy a new .40 auto. I had a .40 410 S&W a couple years ago and loved how it looked and shot when I first owned it. However I had a couple problems with jamming and took it to the gunsmith who said the plastic guiderods were pos's and that wesson offered a metal one. So I got the metal one and it never shot right again. I love my brother's hi-power but they don't make them anymore and I want a new gun. I also don't want a plastic gun and don't want a gun without a hammer. Doesn't really matter about s/a or d/a. Looking to spend about 600 to 800. Just looking for some people's thoughts on this before making a decision. And ccw use isn't a consideration.
You can get the Hi Power in .40 again and though I've never owned a Hi Power, I've shot many in 9mm and enjoyed every of them. One note however is that I think your old 410 S&W was DA/SA with a decocker...Correct? The High Power is SA Only, Just like a 1911, meant to be carried locked & cocked with the thumb safety engaged. This is why 1911 guys like me love Hi Powers but I undstand that some folks are not comfortable with an SA only gun and no decock lever.
If you fall into this catagory, I'd suggest looking at the SIG P226. Owned one for about 7 years without a single malfunction, SA/DA, Aluminum frame, available in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357 Sig and it's caliber convertible to boot. Just order different barrels, mags, and recoil springs and you can shoot any of the three through the same gun. Prices have jumped on them and my buddy, after shooting my entire collection of 7 different autos, decided on the Sig and just paid $800.00 for it.

Hope that was helpful, good luck

Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Did you happen to look at the post date, it has been 2 years since he posted that.

holy20thread20resurrection.jpg  

Old 03-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #28

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Default Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Did you happen to look at the post date, it has been 2 years since he posted that.
I did not see the post date Thought I was in the "new posts" area when I tripped across that question last night.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll check post dates next time. Sure this fellow has made his decision by now

Old 03-07-2010, 04:24 AM   #29

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Well, my .40 is the SIG P229. It also has the 357 SIG barrel so I can change calibers with a mere barrel swap. Uses the same mags.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #30

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
I am looking to buy a new .40 auto. I had a .40 410 S&W a couple years ago and loved how it looked and shot when I first owned it. However I had a couple problems with jamming and took it to the gunsmith who said the plastic guiderods were pos's and that wesson offered a metal one. So I got the metal one and it never shot right again. I love my brother's hi-power but they don't make them anymore and I want a new gun. I also don't want a plastic gun and don't want a gun without a hammer. Doesn't really matter about s/a or d/a. Looking to spend about 600 to 800. Just looking for some people's thoughts on this before making a decision. And ccw use isn't a consideration.
Springfield XD40 very nice piece of machinery. Accurate, sleek and great to shoot.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.