Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need some help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolson View Post
My barrel cracked on my Snub 38 after I used less than 50 rounds. Taurus has a lifetime warranty. They recieved mine at the (factory) in Florida in January. I've called over a dozen times and get the same answer. We are sending it now! When I call back, I get another excuse, and they will send it as soon as a shipment arrives from Brazil, or whatever. Here we are coming up on June. Cabela's in Hammond, Indiana sent it out for me ($30), but now say it's out of their hands! Any advise ( other than don't ever buy a Taurus ).
where did they send it to. I would find out and get the number to that place and call every day to see what the hell is going on. If you make enough noise then you will get greased and get your gun back.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
where did they send it to. I would find out and get the number to that place and call every day to see what the hell is going on. If you make enough noise then you will get greased and get your gun back.
I would also get the "legal" address of the company (not the repair facility) and send a registered, proof of receipt letter outlining this travesty. Don’t go overboard with the complaining, just explain you spent your money in good will expectation and have not received an equal return in a quality product. You must be made whole, with either a new gun or a full refund for this ‘less than described’ product.

Also get the corporate and repair facility email addresses and send the same message every day until you get an answer. Include a link to your post here on the FTF and update the link as each thread grows.

I’ll bet you get an answer real quick. If you don’t, then you will not need to have the members tell you not to buy a Taurus!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello