Need opinion on p38
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need opinion on p38

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

Default Need opinion on p38

I have a 1942 Walther p38 in great shape. My question is to shoot it or not? Does shooting it hurt the value?
Thanks for your input

image-2884731983.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2740 Times on 1332 Posts
Likes Given: 1392

Ruger,

I have one as well! Does yours have the Swastikas on it? And does it have any manufacturers name on it. Mine does not due to the fact if they were captured they did not want the allied forces to know where the manufacturing plant was.
I also have the original holster with Swastikas on it. Mine was taken from a German Officer on the Russian front.
As far as shooting it! I try to shoot about 10 rounds a year through mine and then clean it just for nostalgic purposes. I like history and love to shoot it on occasion something about shooting it.
I have been offered $1600 for it and the holster, so yours is definitely worth some money if it is of military issue.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 02-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Ruger,

I have one as well! Does yours have the Swastikas on it? And does it have any manufacturers name on it. Mine does not due to the fact if they were captured they did not want the allied forces to know where the manufacturing plant was.
I also have the original holster with Swastikas on it. Mine was taken from a German Officer on the Russian front.
As far as shooting it! I try to shoot about 10 rounds a year through mine and then clean it just for nostalgic purposes. I like history and love to shoot it on occasion something about shooting it.
I have been offered $1600 for it and the holster, so yours is definitely worth some money if it is of military issue.

Sniper

It has the eagle with swastika and no captured marks. It was imported by ati so it has that mark. Ati said a whole case was found in a vat of oil. Not sure if that's true. Everything matches but the mag.