need a new .45 acp whats the best - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

need a new .45 acp whats the best

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post

Here’s my baby

Scubie
Sweet Jesus but that is an ugly gun. Good thing you are so good looking or pulling that thing would be like dividing by zero.

JD

Old 06-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #22

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Sweet Jesus but that is an ugly gun. Good thing you are so good looking or pulling that thing would be like dividing by zero.

JD
Philistine!! How dare you denigrate the great and powerful Smith & Wesson 4516….. you should be dragged out and horse whipped.

Wrench, pay no attention to the old man behind the curtain for he knoweth not what he says. He has been blinded by the flash and dazzle and idolatry of the false god nighthawk.

Scubie

Old 06-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #23

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

I dunno I always liked the looks of the smiths like that. Just something about them.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing more sexy that a good 1911 unless it is a 1911 attached to a smokin hot chick.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench1173 View Post
i am looking at getting a .45 and would like to know from all the fine gun owners out there what would be my best bet. looking for it to be accurate, low recoil, and on the lighter side for a concealed weapon.
Well, the XD45 that i own isn't all that lightweight (due in large part to the 13 rounds of 45ACP on board), but it is as accurate as i am. The recoil is easy enough to handle, IMO. I do not carry on my person, but i don't think it would be the easiest firearm to conceal. It is certainly a bit thicker than the 1911's i've seen. There is a compact version that might be a bit easier to conceal than the 5" version i have. Price-wise, i bleve i paid about $570 for mine over a year ago.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #25

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

There is no such thing as the "best" gun, ammo, holster, etc. It is all very personal and what works for one, will not necessarily work for all.

You will get recommendations on what folks carry & use, because it works for them. I've already seen Glock recommended here. I once owned a Glock. I bought it based on reputation and recommendation by a friend. They work well and are liked by many. My Glock didn't fit my hand, and after about 20 rounds or so, rubbed a blister on the side of my trigger finger. I now have (among other pistols) a Springfield XD that is a perfect fit for me and my large hands, and has become my go-to, carry sidearm.

Go to a well stocked gun store, or gun show and handle as many as possible. Then try to find someone who has the models you like, or a well stocked range where you can rent guns to shoot. Try to take one on a "test drive" before you buy.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 06-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would recommend you go to a well stocked gunshop and compare some of the various .45s they have, and if there's a local range that has a rental program I would try there to test drive some of the .45s they have. I recommend something like a Glock 30 or a Commander sized 1911 like a Kimber Pro Carry II or even a Kimber Ultra Carry II.

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 06-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #27
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Anything "ED BROWN".

Old 07-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #28

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Glock 30!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench1173 View Post
i was thinking about the h&k usp or the kimber cdpii not really a glock type of guy
huge thumbs up!!!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #30

Default If there can be but only one?

I have a G21, a G21SF, a G30, and a G30SF. All are .45acp. The 21's have 10 to 17rd magazines. The 30's both have 10rd magazines, but can use the larger, more capacious 13 to 17rd magazines. Some would argue that the 30's are the most accurate compact .45acp pistols. I'm one of them.

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but being able to consistently hit what you're aiming at, is beauty enough for me... Whether "as is" from the factory, or with Trijicon night sights, NEBO 230 lumen tactical light, LWS threaded barrel, and Gemtech .45acp Blackside suppressor w/LID, either 30 is for me... I often carry both, or sometimes, two 21's and a 30. Depends on what my situational awareness is telling me...

For "small," capable, accurate, reliable- Glock 30 or 30SF... When your life is on the line...

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

Shot placement is king, yes. But penetration is queen, and a wide wound channel is the ace in the hole. -Cuda66

Μολὼν λαβέ (Molōn labe!)