Need Input for Possible Purchase - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need Input for Possible Purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

SGT,
Knowledge is power!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

....if that's the case why is our government the way they are?

Back on topic, I will be posting a range report as soon as I actually get the Sigma out to the range. I'll be sure to take my digital camera with me so I can take pics of the targets, guns, etc....

Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Well, the SIG is a no-go. Turns out there was a big issue with it, and it needs some gunsmith attention before it can be sold (not sure exactly what is wrong with it, but oh well).

I didn't want to spend a big amount of money on my next pistol because I want to stretch my tax return. I did decide that I wanted something in a .40 caliber.

I was torn between two available choices. The Smith and Wesson Sigma .40 and the Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in .40 caliber. Since I can't get over the fact that Taurus products haven't been that great and some of my friends are having some issues with theirs, I decided to stay American and go with Smith and Wesson.

I have a nice Sigma .40 on layaway right now, and I can't wait to get the pistol. Some people complain about the heavy trigger (that is the only complaint I can find), but the trigger doesn't bother me one bit. The gun fits nicely in my hand, and the 14+1 capacity of .40 caliber is pretty nice also.

As soon as my return comes (the sooner the better), I'll go pick up my new S&W Sigma .40 for the grand total of 380.00 dollars (including the cost of one extra mag).

Does anybody have any observations on this pistol, or are there any other Sigma owners in this forum?

SGT it's a good choice and a fair price, I'd suggest the S&W M&P but it's a bit more $. All the same the sig out preforms a glock and a lot of LE departments carry them.

Congrats SGT!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default decent price but

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Ok........

So there I was at one of my favorite gun shops looking at different ways to spend my tax return. I came across a 99% new SIG model P2022 pistol for $475.00 with a case and two magazines included (caliber is 9mm).

Does that sound like a good deal to you guys? The pistol is in perfect condition and has two different grips that can be interchanged (just like the Springfield XDM pistols).

P.S. I've had some experience with the SIG pistols. I've shot the M-11 9mm NATO that is used by the military a few times, and I like how it handles. I view them as very well-balanced pistols, but I would like the opinion of anybody that has ever fired / worked on these pistols. I know the "modular" concept is new for SIG, so I wonder if there's been any problems with the design.
Budsgunshop.com has it brand NIB for $449 you would pay shipping and transfer cost so may end up being the same price but the one at Buds is NIB