Need input on Hi Point 9mm - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need input on Hi Point 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Just to weigh in on this conversation, I will just say that I have owned Hi Point pistols, but don't own one at the moment.
I traded my 9mm and 40 Hi Point pistols for a Glock, bought the .40 back and traded it in on a Super Comanche .410/45LC pistol.
I do want another C9 as the one I had never had any problems (except with a second hand mag I bought for it).
It seems most problems I've heard of were mag related.
I don't care for the larger .40 and .45, they remind me of a cordless drill, but I never had a single FTF, FTE, or any problem, I just don't care for the feel of them.
I do own 3 of their 995 9mm carbines, and you'll go a long ways before you find a carbine half as good for twice the price.
I'll just throw out the Customer Service thing again, it's top notch, can't be beat, best in the business, etc.
The only thing I've ever had to contact them for was to get a new rear sight for the 40 cal after it got dropped, but they sent it out free of charge and I had the part 2 days after I called.
They are friendly, helpful, and they speak English.
A lot of people won't like them. A lot of people don't like Glocks either, but it doesn't mean they aren't a good gun.
If we all liked the same thing, there'd only be one gun made.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #42

I have a Hi-Point 9mm and as has been stated it's a cheap pistol.
If it was the first gun I got to in case of a break in, I wouldnt hesitate to use it to protect my family.
It has fired everytime the trigger has been pulled.
My grandsons are learning how to shoot with it and like someone else said for that kind of activity we have a blast together. My 13 year old grandson and his 9 year old cousin will agree it is heavy.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:02 AM   #43

Default This thread

This is the kind of thread which will last forever, sort of trying to keep a dead horse walking.

Anyways I have all the hipoints there is, and they rock, everyone I know likes to shoot them, heck you can fix them with stuff you find in your garage.

I remember I lost the spring on the c9 once and presto I found one that worked, inside a can, still shoots

They are fun, here are some of my sights mods

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 10-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #44

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a Ruger SR9 9mm simi-auto and love it. It's light weight and a good shooter in my opinion. Have never used it for concealment so don't know how it would be for that. I've been tempted by the price of a Hi-Point too, but don't think I'll buy one. A lot of guys that buy only $600 to $1000 guns don't understand us that have to live on a budget. I know those guns are the best but I have to save about 3 months for a Taurus 66 ($425). What I want is the best gun FOR WHAT I CAN AFFORD, however I don't want to waste my money on a POC either. Well, that's my 2 cents worth. Good shooting, Bernie

Old 10-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #45

Liked 208 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I have contemplated buying one for a hunting backup for 3 reasons,first,I have to use a handgun that can hold 9 total rounds or less to take hunting where I hunt(C9 is 8+1)and 2-because I can beat on it and not care too much,and 3 because it's $135.
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 10-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #46
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post
...They do tend to jam but if you're shooting holes in paper or shooting cans in the woods who cares?
One of the most ammo brand sensitive guns I've shot. It seems each individual gun has certain ammo it likes & certain ammo it doesn't like. One c9 will eat WWB all day long while other c9's can't cycle it at all. Kind of strange, but if a c9 owner can find that magic ammo for his gun it is reliable. Mine hates Federal fmj & Blazer ammo, but loves WWB... so that is what I feed it.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:25 AM   #47

Liked 128 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Funny you should say that about ammo compatability. My C9 digests everything EXCEPT Winchester ammo. It doesn't matter if I load 5 rounds or the full 8 rounds. On every 2nd or 3rd magazine of Winchester 115gr FMJ, I get an FTE. Nagging problem, I know, so I have stopped using the Winchester brand.

Monarch, Wolf and other ammo functions perfectly. Over 3,000 rounds and counting.

As far as the weight, I own several 5"+/- .45's {Colt, High Standard, Llama, Taurus} and they are no joy to carry either, averaging between 29-36 oz's loaded. The C9 comes in at 32 oz's loaded. I know that there is a difference between 9mm's and .45's. Large frame CZ-75's and Beretta's also weigh about the same. The main difference is the number of rounds in the magazines: 7-8 for the .45's; 15-16 for the big auto loaders; 8 rounds for the C9.

Oh! And, the difference in costs.

My budget has very little to do with why I purchase a firearm. If I don't have the money at the time of desire, I just save until I get the necessary money. I purchase a weapon because it fulfills a need. In the big 'Obama Scare' {most succesful Arms Dealer in the Free World}, I made some deals where I obtained some 9mm ammo. Just didn't have a weapon to fire it. Hence the C9.

I have been involved in the gun industry for a very long time, both as a promoter of the industry as well as an enthusiastic user of weapons produced in by the industry. One thing I am certain of, is if a weapon is dangerous for use by human beings, it is not going to be around very long, unless a government is the procurer of said weapons. I can count on one hand the number of times (35 years)I have actually witnessed an event where a weapon has had a catastropic failure. I have personally witnessed more folks accidently discharging a weapon through improper handling of a loaded weapon, at the range, or in the field, or in the home than I have seen a weapon fail. Now, it is certain that one can't be everywhere at once, but, with todays news organization's bias against anything having to do with the gun industry, one can be sure that a failed weapon would be at the forefront of the TV news stations and/or newspapers across the nation.

As far as Youtube goes, I have seen numerous video's of people PURPOSEFULLY destroying Hi-Point weapons just because they ARE so inexpensive. Their vehemence against these weapons is startling, to say the least. I feel certain that if a Kimber, or Colt, or S&W were to be subjected to similar torture, THEY would give up their ghost as well. But, you probably won't see too many of these types of video's, because of those weapons' high costs.

As far as those folks who hate the Hi-Point weapons, well... I guess some of us do have prejudices... I hate eating liver...

Nuff said.

eldarbeast

Last edited by eldarbeast; 10-12-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #48

Default I always have one around loaded and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post
Funny you should say that about ammo compatability. My C9 digests everything EXCEPT Winchester ammo. It doesn't matter if I load 5 rounds or the full 8 rounds. On every 2nd or 3rd magazine of Winchester 115gr FMJ, I get an FTE. Nagging problem, I know, so I have stopped using the Winchester brand.

Monarch, Wolf and other ammo functions perfectly. Over 3,000 rounds and counting.

As far as the weight, I own several 5"+/- .45's {Colt, High Standard, Llama, Taurus} and they are no joy to carry either, averaging between 29-36 oz's loaded. The C9 comes in at 32 oz's loaded. I know that there is a difference between 9mm's and .45's. Large frame CZ-75's and Beretta's also weigh about the same. The main difference is the number of rounds in the magazines: 7-8 for the .45's; 15-16 for the big auto loaders; 8 rounds for the C9.

My budget has very little to do with why I purchase a firearm. If I don't have the money at the time of desire, I just save until I get the necessary money. I purchase a weapon because it fulfills a need. In the big 'Obama Scare' {most succesful Arms Dealer in the Free World}, I made some deals where I obtained some 9mm ammo. Just didn't have a weapon to fire it. Hence the C9.

I have been involved in the gun industry for a very long time, both as a promoter of the industry as well as an enthusiastic user of weapons produced in by the industry. One thing I am certain of, is if a weapon is dangerous for use by human beings, it is not going to be around very long, unless a government is the procurer of said weapons. I can count on one hand the number of times (35 years)I have actually witnessed an event where a weapon has had a catastropic failure. I have personally witnessed more folks accidently discharging a weapon through improper handling of a loaded weapon, at the range, or in the field, or in the home than I have seen a weapon fail. Now, it is certain that one can't be everywhere at once, but, with todays news organization's bias against anything having to do with the gun industry, one can be sure that a failed weapon would be at the forefront of the TV news stations and/or newspapers across the nation.

As far as Youtube goes, I have seen numerous video's of people PURPOSEFULLY destroying Hi-Point weapons just because they ARE so inexpensive. Their vehemence against these weapons is startling, to say the least. I feel certain that if a Kimber, or Colt, or S&W were to be subjected to similar torture, THEY would give up their ghost as well. But, you probably won't see too many of these types of video's, because of those weapons' high costs.

As far as those folks who hate the Hi-Point weapons, well... I guess some of us do have prejudices... I hate eating liver...

Nuff said.

eldarbeast

I always have one around loaded and all, just in case. Never use the safe and never have one round in the chamber ( Family around all the time), just pull that slide and empty the thing, that's the way it is

Love that thing

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 10-12-2011, 03:53 AM   #49

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Ditto on the ammo hungry aspect. I have not fired a round it didn't like. Damn thing sat in a trunk for two months ( feb and mar) and went through 100 rounds dirty as all get up.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #50

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast

Nuff said.

eldarbeast
I would rather try to eat a hi point then try and eat liver....GAG!!!