Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need input on Hi Point 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have A HI-POINT C9 9MM had it for over a year brought it used and it never gave me any problems I wouldn't use it as a carry peace but it's a good shooter by the way those picture's are a bunch of BULL**** .

I love the smell of gun powder in the morning . Hipoints break in my house and see if they work.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:46 AM   #22

Likes Given: 1

for a carry gun, you want something relatively small, light and dependable. A lot of folks claim that the Hi-Point is dependable, but no one will ever claim that it is small or light. Carrying one would be like carrying around a brick. It might be an OK house gun, or something to keep in your truck, but it is not a carry gun. You'd be way better off with a Kel-Tec 3AT or Ruger LCP in 380 caliber. These guns are reasonably priced, are truly small and lightweight, and the 380 round isn't that bad (Although it's pretty expensive to buy right now). The 380 round is basically a 9mm short. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. PS - I had the Kel-Tec and let a friend shoot it. He was so impressed that he talked me into selling it to him. I now have the Ruger, and like it even better.

Last edited by Retiredfireguy; 01-30-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #23

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Buy a Hipoint, drive a Ford EXP, and drink

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A lot of you guy's are basher's if don't cost a lot then it's no good is that how you'll think.

I love the smell of gun powder in the morning . Hipoints break in my house and see if they work.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:06 AM   #25

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 995 View Post
A lot of you guy's are basher's if don't cost a lot then it's no good is that how you'll think.
NO, alot of us have shot the damned garbage things.

if you dont have money enough to buy a real gun, HiPoint will do.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-30-2010, 03:27 AM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Buy a Hipoint, drive a Ford EXP, and drink
HEY NOW, I drove an EXP in High School, until it caught Fire and burned in the parking lot.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #27

Liked 1767 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 911

If your'e thinking of HP concealed, think "pants on the ground, pants on the ground..

Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #28

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Hi-Point is an official NO-GO in my book. Take the 150 dollars and get something like a PA-63, or a Makarov/Tokarev/CZ-52, or save a little and get a nice revolver.
Well said Sarge - I would take this and run with it.

Never having shot a Hi-point, I can not first-hand attest to it's accuracy but I've held them and wasn't impressed. Enough trash talk on that note.
I've legally carried for years and I currently carry a Kahr K9 steel frame that disappears IWB (I'm a skinny bugger).

The Makarov is a nice weapon for the price.

My father carries a Rossi .38 special in his truck that is solid (went to college with me years ago... ssshhhh....)

The Tokerov is another option - 7.26x25 is a hotter load but if you get bad guys to line up single file then you can save on ammo...

In your price range you may want to save a little. It is hard when you have the option of something inexpensive but it is to be carried, you need to factor in more than the price of ammunition.

My 2cents.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #29

The most interesting thing about this $150 weapon is the interest in it. Bad or good what other gun generates 2831 thread views on this forum.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:37 AM   #30

Default Best gun for your money

Best gun for your money, best warranty.
It's an excellent plinker, its a good home defense weapon, goes boom every time.
It's a little crude, is based on a Chinese pistol model, crude but efficient.

Now, any of you guys buy guns to show them off to other guys, get something else.

Now don't get me wrong, there are more sophisticated, better built pistols out here, and even I got some cuties, my c-9 never disappoints.
Plus this ghost ring is really cool:

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display