Need info on two possible pistols to purchase
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need info on two possible pistols to purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Need info on two possible pistols to purchase

I'm looking at 2 pistols, a FEG 63 and a cz82. Would appreciate any info. this will be to use as a carry gun. THANKS

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2861 Times on 1654 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

.380's? How available is ammo in your area? A pistol does not good without ammo.
(Also, this should not be in curios section, but in the handgun section.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't own either pistol. The only bad thing i've heard about the cz82 (9mm makarov) is that it is a bit heavy for its size. I want one, but have other things higher on my list of lust.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default CZ-82 vs PA-63

They both utilize the Makarov 9 x 18mm round. 1 mm shorter than a standard 9mm round and 1 mm longer than a 380. The CZ-82 has a solid Steel Frame and Slide, while the PA-63 has an Aluminum Frame and Steel Slide. The CZ-82 has a 12 Round Magazine and the PA-63 has a 7 Round Magazine. The CZ-82 has a painted finish and the PA-63 has a Blued Slide and plain frame. Last the CZ-82 has a Polygomal Barrel (no rifling but very accurate) and the PA-63 has normal Lands and Grooves. I own both, but find the fit to my hand and the 12 Rounds, make the CZ-82 my choice for CCW. Take Care

Old 08-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #5

Liked 709 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 725

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD Woods View Post
They both utilize the Makarov 9 x 18mm round. 1 mm shorter than a standard 9mm round and 1 mm longer than a 380. The CZ-82 has a solid Steel Frame and Slide, while the PA-63 has an Aluminum Frame and Steel Slide. The CZ-82 has a 12 Round Magazine and the PA-63 has a 7 Round Magazine. The CZ-82 has a painted finish and the PA-63 has a Blued Slide and plain frame. Last the CZ-82 has a Polygomal Barrel (no rifling but very accurate) and the PA-63 has normal Lands and Grooves. I own both, but find the fit to my hand and the 12 Rounds, make the CZ-82 my choice for CCW. Take Care
That is not altogether true. There were varying finishes used. The big difference is that early Military Feg's are blued on the slide and frame. This is an early Military Pa-63.

The Feg is a great little gun, it will bite you if you are not careful. I have a Sig p230 also. Although it is in .380 it is only 1/8 inch shorter. The Feg does not cycle as fast, has more of a bark, but is cheap to shoot and there is lots of ammo available. It is quite a bit heavier for its' size compared to the Sig. I have never had a single failure w/ the Feg. 100% reliable. It fits in any holster for a PPK.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2861 Times on 1654 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

We are getting some 9X18's in the area. but not enough for me to consider it. 9x19 is more common.
Good luck.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #7

FEG PA-63s are fantastic guns. If you are getting one straight from the importer run two boxes of ammo through it before you make any judgements as they rode a holster most of their lives and need to be broken in. The springs are pretty stiff and need a little working to get it to run without jams and such. Of course then there are the wolf replacement springs you can get those, but i have no experience with them so i dont know how well they work.

The frames are actually an aluminium titanium alloy. They had problems with straight aluminium wearing out really fast so they add a very small percent of titanium to the mix and it worked.

chrome lined bores means it will digest some pretty nasty ammo. The one problem with the gun is the sights are REALLY small but i know quite a few people who use them as carry guns.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had a CZ82 and it was a good quality pistol as CZ makes excellent pistols. I had some problems finding ammunition for a while, but it seems to be more available these days.

It's a touch heavy and has a pretty snappy recoil. But I wouldn't have hesitated to carry it if need be.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #9

I don't have a CZ-82 but I have a FEG PA-63 and a Makarov. I have been looking for a ftf for a CZ-82. The FEG is good but it needs to have a set of Wolf springs to make it well behaved. A reduced power hammer spring will make the double action pull much better and a heavier recoil spring will take away some of the bite. Being an aluminum frame it does recoil more than the Mak and the Mak recoils more than a Glock 9mm or a CZ-75.