Need a gun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need a gun

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need a gun

From California just Got Robbed At Gun Point Last night So Im In need Of A Fire Arm Thats Not Going To Take Me Months To Get plz Help Im In California

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #2

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty13 View Post
From California just Got Robbed At Gun Point Last night So Im In need Of A Fire Arm Thats Not Going To Take Me Months To Get plz Help Im In California
You won't find one here, I suggest you try a gunshop in California. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I'm sorry to hear about your robbery. It is my understanding that Cali is fairly particular about which firearms you are allowed to own/keep in Cali. I'm sure one of the Cali members will be by with a link to the list of DOJ-approved firearms available for your purchase, online or at a local Cali gun store.

I do wonder though, were you robbed in your home, or will you be looking for a firearm that you can carry on your person? This would require you to get a permit to carry a concealed firearm, which could take a lil time & some training.

If you are talking about a firearm for home defense & to be kept at your home, i really find my Mossberg 500 pump shotgun very comforting in that role. This firearm can also be used for shooting trap or for hunting, should you have interest in that. I do not live in Cali, though, and am not 100% sure that you could purchase a Mossy500 or more likely whether or not you could equip it with a shorter barrel for home defense (18.5" is limit i think). In MS, where i live, shotguns are simple to purchase at your local sporting goods store, as is ammunition for them.

Good luck to you.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 07-14-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty13 View Post
I'm sure you're not suggesting that any of us will help you circumvent the law. If that's what you think, you've come to the wrong place...

Old 07-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Probably a Bloomberg plant. If real, sorry for your introduction to the joys of an unfree state.

No reason for anyone in California to post here asking for help when there are plenty of resources in that benighted state to help a legitimate citizen protect himself. Maybe we should lock this thread....

9x18=Makarov

Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #6

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your robbery. It is my understanding that Cali is fairly particular about which firearms you are allowed to own/keep in Cali. I'm sure one of the Cali members will be by with a link to the list of DOJ-approved firearms available for your purchase, online or at a local Cali gun store.

I do wonder though, were you robbed in your home, or will you be looking for a firearm that you can carry on your person? This would require you to get a permit to carry a concealed firearm, which could take a lil time & some training.

If you are talking about a firearm for home defense & to be kept at your home, i really find my Mossberg 500 pump shotgun very comforting in that role. This firearm can also be used for shooting trap or for hunting, should you have interest in that. I do not live in Cali, though, and am not 100% sure that you could purchase a Mossy500 or more likely whether or not you could equip it with a shorter barrel for home defense (18.5" is limit i think). In MS, where i live, shotguns are simple to purchase at your local sporting goods store, as is ammunition for them.

Good luck to you.
I think they may be able to have mossbergs there. I think California has a standing gun law on things like certain assault weapons. For instance on some gun sites when they are selling(e.g. Gunbroker, Atlantic firearms, etc.) they have California/New York okay guns. I think the Mossberg would be fine because it is considered a hunting weapon. But, I could be wrong.

Closed Thread