Need Concealment holster suggestions. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need Concealment holster suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Lots of options just not very many for Inside The Waste. Anyone out there carry a S&W 4046? I would be interested in hearing what type of IWB holster you use. Thanks for all the info Guys. This is a great site I'm glad I stumbled across it.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post
I recently took all of the classes to get my concealed weapon permit and I am still waiting to see if I receive it. I am looking for some input on what kind of holster I should look at getting. I am looking for a concealment type holster. I am not sure if I want an inside the pants holster or an outside one. Any suggestions? I have a S&W .40 Cal model 4046. I was looking around on a few web pages and found a few guys that liked the galco skyops holster which is an inside the pants. I would like something that I can conceal with only wearing a shirt and pants.
It all depends on personal preference and individual circumstances. For example, a shoulder holster is better if you're sitting in a car when you need your sidearm. I'm a bit plump so I don't feel comfortable with an inside the pants holster. My preference is a belt paddle holster that separates the sidearm from the body. It rides high and hides well under an untucked shirt. Your .40 is a larger framed gun and maybe not the best choice for concealment. I don't see being able to hide it effectively in the belt under a shirt. I have a compact 9mm and usually forget I'm carrying.

34sail

Old 02-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #13

I am thinking that I may have to invest in a smaller gun for concealment and use my 4046 in the winter when it can be covered by cloths.