Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need a bit of direction.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 01:48 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 221 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I have a couple XDs (one is an XDm) and a P226. I like both platforms and neither has many critics. Both are accurate, low maintainance, and dependable. Neither will let you down.

Fondle both and weigh the difference in cost...a new Sig will cost 50-100% more than a new XD. Also keep this in mind: Sigs are sort of the Cadillacs of the used gun market. There are some great deals out there on used Sigs.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #12

Thank you WDB that is the best answer I have received from all of the threads I have on this subject. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks again.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:52 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskymcgee View Post
Thank you WDB that is the best answer I have received from all of the threads I have on this subject. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks again.
Your more than welcome, stay tuned to FTF there is a wealth of information here and lots of good people to help you along.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 AM   #14

Please read the warning concerning the use of cast bullets before buying the Springfield XD. I believe it is simular to the Glock with cast bullets. Some people say you can shot cast bullets in both with no problems but the warning says you are not susposed to. I follow the warning labels.

patret

Old 11-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by patret View Post
Please read the warning concerning the use of cast bullets before buying the Springfield XD. I believe it is simular to the Glock with cast bullets. Some people say you can shot cast bullets in both with no problems but the warning says you are not susposed to. I follow the warning labels.
patret
I have shot several hundred rounds of cast bullets (reloads at that) through mine (XD40SC) with incident. Having read your post, I went page by page through the PDF owner's manual on the SA site. I couldn't find anything that addressed cast ammo specifically. There were some ammo specific advisories regarding ported barrels. I am at work right now so I can't check the original packaging. Could you please elaborate on this warning?

The problem with buying a new gun, is that most of the manual is written with big red warnings on every page, so it's possible to miss some of the more interesting ones. To be fair, I'm not likely to stop shooting cast bullets out of it any time soon, but I would be interested in seeing the warning and perhaps getting some rationale for it's existance.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 11-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #16

A friend of mine bought a XD. The warning concerning cast bullets was in the box. It may have changed. His pistol is about 4 or 5 years old.

patret

Old 11-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #17

I have no personal experience with the XD, however for a 22lr I have a Sig Mosquito and I love it. I handled a few different models and it felt the best. It has a full size frame and the barrel is mounted to the frame for better accuracy yet it breaks down very easily for cleaning. If you lean towards a plinker for the range you might want to check it out at Sigs wabsite.
Products & Services

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your a#% out all day long!

Big Gun + BIGGER BANG = lower stress