Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need assembling help my Ruger Mark III Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need assembling help my Ruger Mark III Hunter

I have a question regarding Mark III Hunter, racking. my son cleaned his Mark III Hunter and after reassembling, bolt will not rack, what happens, inserting the magazine, when I racked it, bolt lockes open, did not return, I had to release the bolt with bolt release, only then did it fire, upon racking again, it locks each time.

Upon assemblying, what could my son have done to cause this?

Thanks, I hope I explained the situation.

Last edited by canebrake; 09-05-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: TTTP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-06-2010, 01:49 AM   #2

Likes Given: 11

I don't know if these will help you, but they are a couple of good write ups on breaking down the Mark III pistols.

Mark III Fieldstripping Procedures

detailstrip

Last edited by TnRebel; 09-06-2010 at 01:54 AM. Reason: To add a Utube

Old 09-06-2010, 02:48 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It sounds like maybe the hammer was in the wrong position when the bolt went back in.

Unclip and remove the mainspring and bolt stop pin, and pull the bolt back out. Then make sure the gun is unloaded insert an empty magazine. Point the muzzle upwards, and pull the trigger. Maybe jiggle the gun a bit to make sure the hammer falls all the way back. Then remove the magazine and put the bolt and mainspring back in according to the manual.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm