Need advice, new gun for my husband's birthday - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Need advice, new gun for my husband's birthday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 04:09 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Big GUN

If you want to get him something that would boost his ego and get him to go to the range with you. Then get him a big .44 mag revolver or go with what maksim said about the desert eagle....although desert eagles are pricey, i know they sell for a minimum of $1500 here in Spring, TX

Old 03-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #22

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksim View Post
I know my brother, when he got into shooting, he always wanted to get a Desert Eagle in a 44mag or 50. His wife got him the 44mag in the desert eagle. Great gun. Brother loves it... but ammo costs a bit much, and he does not reload.
Boy if my wife ever showed up in my house with a Desert eagle two things would happen. First I would scream for about 30 minutes then I would call a divorce lawyer because I ain't stayin married to any women that is that mother effing stupid.

Judge: Why do you want a divorce Mr. Young?

Me: Well Your Honor she went and bought a desert Eagle.

Judge: So you do not like firearms.

Me. OH HELL NO, I love firearms.

Judge: So what is the problem?

Me: Well you see that Desert Eagle is unreliable worthless big as a school bus weighs as much as a full grown WWE wrestler looks like some 3 year old designed it. It spits brass in your face every time you pul the trigger unless you shoot it "Gansta Style". So it was reality this is the worst gun some one could buy and to spend $1500 on one is just totally stupid. Why well I don't have a boat.

Judge: What does having a boat have to do with owning this Desert Eagle thing.

Me: Because that is the only good use for one sir "A Boat Anchor".

Judge: So why the divorce Mr. Young.

Me: Beacuse Sir I am not stayin married to some one that is so stupid they bought a Desert Eagle. It may hinder my kids chances at a normal life.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 AM   #23

Default I would try before I buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Boy if my wife ever showed up in my house with a Desert eagle two things would happen. First I would scream for about 30 minutes then I would call a divorce lawyer because I ain't stayin married to any women that is that mother effing stupid.

Judge: Why do you want a divorce Mr. Young?

Me: Well Your Honor she went and bought a desert Eagle.

Judge: So you do not like firearms.

Me. OH HELL NO, I love firearms.

Judge: So what is the problem?

Me: Well you see that Desert Eagle is unreliable worthless big as a school bus weighs as much as a full grown WWE wrestler looks like some 3 year old designed it. It spits brass in your face every time you pul the trigger unless you shoot it "Gansta Style". So it was reality this is the worst gun some one could buy and to spend $1500 on one is just totally stupid. Why well I don't have a boat.

Judge: What does having a boat have to do with owning this Desert Eagle thing.

Me: Because that is the only good use for one sir "A Boat Anchor".

Judge: So why the divorce Mr. Young.

Me: Beacuse Sir I am not stayin married to some one that is so stupid they bought a Desert Eagle. It may hinder my kids chances at a normal life.
Hey if you like it so what, and if it works for you then SWEET.
Although given what you said about the desert eagle i am now sure that i would try it before i buy it.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #24
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a Desert Eagle 50 and while it isn't a carry gun it is far from a boat anhor. I think after all these years still one of the only 50 cal semi auto's. It is heavy and big but it's impressive to shoot considering the caliber and the reasonable recoil. I've never had a jam or a misfire with mine and think most that dislike them have never shot or owned one. It isn't a practicle pistol but I didn't buy it to be, I bought it because it is truly fun to shoot!

Old 03-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I have a Desert Eagle 50 and while it isn't a carry gun it is far from a boat anhor. I think after all these years still one of the only 50 cal semi auto's. It is heavy and big but it's impressive to shoot considering the caliber and the reasonable recoil. I've never had a jam or a misfire with mine and think most that dislike them have never shot or owned one. It isn't a practicle pistol but I didn't buy it to be, I bought it because it is truly fun to shoot!
That is the best, most reasonable and realistic review of the .50 DE I have read yet. When my friends and I shot one we universally had the same reaction:

1. This is the dumbest gun I've ever fired.
2. Give me another magazine!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

This is for cpttango:

ZOMG!!! TEH GUNZ ARE UBERZ TACTICOOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #27

Default Do look cool

Im with SGT MILLER on this they just look cool

Old 04-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #28

I agree everyone should own a 1911.My poison is a hi-cap Springfield that
has 13 round capacity in magazine plus one in the barrel.It's the only all steel
semi auto handgun I own so it rounds out my collection a bit as I lean towards Glocks.My wife bought this one for a Christmas present several years
ago.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #29

to the OP... i dont know what amazes me more - the fact that youre one bad ass wife who knows how to shop for gifts or the fact that you have a CCW in CA...

-Clemenza, Caporegime, Corleone Family

I'm not saying I'm a Gun Rights activist or an Anti-Gun Rights activist.

I'm a "do-what-makes-sense activist"...and it just so happens that some gun laws don't make sense...