Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Nano

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
wiebelhaus For what its worth my cw9 and cm9 kahr it will do the same against a pair of jeeans press to a wall. No problem. Just tried it leaning aganst the pistols. I am not a little guy at 250 lbs.
Awesome! I didn't realize that.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #12

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Things like firing when pressed hard against something may show it is a well made pistol but none of those torture tests mean much to me. Glock can claim how they will shoot 10,000 rounds without being cleaned but how many people would shoot 10,000 rounds through the carry gun your life depends on without cleaning it? I saw one where they chained an XD to the back of a pick up and drove for 5 miles dragging the pistol on the dirt and cement then shot a full magazine through it. After that they froze one in water for a week, thawed it out and it shot. Those too are quite impressive but I don't plan on dragging my pistol behind a car or freezing it in water. What impressed me with the Nano was the accuracy, comfort and ease of shooting as well as the size for a 9mm handgun.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #13

Liked 261 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Keyskelly I was just compareing to someone elses view. I also don't care how long someone goes with out cleaning a glock. I was simple stating I don't clean before I run thru a break in. Some anal people clean at ever touch. Accuracy is subjsect to a shooter. Kahrs are not inaccurate . If your going to compare guns of like weight with nano the cm9 is not in the same class and the lighter weight can make it harder to control for some. Nano's weight is heavier than the cw9, lc9 even the kimber solo and most reviews along with one nano I shot had a good deal of muzzle rize when shooting. The nanos trigger pull weight is a, a darn heavy. What is it 8lbs. It is not a great pocket gun so when you wear it iwb there are several others that carry as well. And are easier still to shoot.

The nano is just another pistol in the mix. You like it buy and be happy but its not the end all to compact CC pistols. Reviews of accuracy are ,aaa ok, not special. Just another short barreled pistol. I see reviews of guys that shoot both very well and guys shooting both of them like crap. You like the different trigger pull maybe, great for you. I grew up shooting match tuned double action revolvers. A kahr trigger feels natural but I can still shoot the heck out a glock, or a single action.

Nano is just another niche pistol. The only thing that matters is if it floats your boat smile and be happy. Wait a few months ,another pistol will come along that will make basicaly smart people do stupid things to run out and buy it and rave about it being the greatest. There all just tools.

Last edited by hardluk1; 07-17-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I was close to getting one but couldn't find one under $475 several months ago.

Bought a $250 keltec pf9.

Saw 3 last week for $425 and one for $400. But I'm happy enough with pf9 and $150.

When the finally come out with extended mags...ill take another look.

Bought my pf9 two weeks before shield hit the market. Could have had one for $380. Might have done that then. Now they are getting price gouged.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #15

Liked 261 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Thats allways the way it goes when you try to find a deal on something. If the pf-9 feels like its not enjoyable to shot put several peices of old used free inner tube on the grip , Atleast for break in time. Make holding on a bit easier. I carried one for 2 1/2 years . Seems to not carry what it shot