Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   My review of the Polish P-64 (

RMTactical 07-03-2011 03:54 AM

My review of the Polish P-64
Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: Polish P-64 Review

Olympus 07-03-2011 05:16 AM

I've had one for a few years now and it's been absolutely great! I bought mine from J&G. It's a 1976 vintage and I'd say it had never been fired when I bought it. The bluing was very nice considering the cheap price. I replaced the hammer spring with a 18lb and the recoil spring with a 22lb. Recoil is the biggest negative for me. 150 rounds at once is all the web of my hand can take. But ad far as accuracy, at 7 yards I group tighter with this gun than any other. I can cloverleaf a full mag and never have a flyer at 7 yards. DA pull is terrible even with the spring change,'but I just stopped shooting that way. SIngle pull is much lighter after the hammer spring change and it's a heck of a lot better than the one on the S&W Sigma I used to have.

I carried the 64 for a few years then my wife took it over. It's had probably 500 rounds through it without a single malfunction. To me, if you can tolerate the recoil and adjust your style to accommodate the trigger, it's one of the best bargains out there right. I will probably try to buy another before the prices get too high or the supply dries up. I love mine!